Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New things!!

Rylee popped her first tooth through on Monday. It was exciting time at our house. We took her to see Dr. C today and he washed his hands right away so he can feel her tooth. We went to see Dr. C today because we finally received Rylee's Synagis. AWESOME! Synagis is a vaccine to prevent RSV. Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a very common virus that leads to mild, cold-like symptoms in adults and older healthy children. It can be more serious in young babies, especially to those in certain high-risk groups. As you probably remember, Rylee also has CLD (chronic lung disease). NP Diane said that if Rylee were to contract RSV with her current lung capacity and compromised immune system, she would have a less than 10% chance of survival. That's scary. NP Diane prior authorized the Synagis prescription on October 27, 09 and we just received the first dose yesterday. UGH! There were dozens upon dozens of phone calls and hours spent arguing over this drug for Rylee. But we have it now. And 28 days from now we will get another dose and then 28 days after that she'll get another dose. This drug is costing us $2,025.68 per dose. OH MAN!! Small price to pay for life though.

Troy has new things too. He is going to see Dr. K tomorrow for his post op appointment for his ears and throat. I have a whole new kid. Ever since the surgery he has been talking much more and pronouncing things much better. He talks constantly. He laughs constantly. He's a happy kid. AND he has always been a daddy's boy until recently. This tickles me pink (sorry, Kris). I love that he gets so so so excited to see me. Kris said that he looks for me during the day and is pretty mellow, until he sees me. Kris comments on his spunkiness everytime he gets like that. For example, there is this little playhouse at the doctor's office that he would throw a fit over before if he had to leave that thing to go in an office. Today, Kris was going to stay out in the lobby and wait with him while Rylee and I did the shot thing. However, Troy had other ideas, he volunteerily followed me and Rylee (and Kris trailing him) into the office. Turned out that Rylee had to stay at the doctor's office for a half an hour under observation after the shot. Since that shot took place over my lunch hour, I decided that during that half hour, I would take Troy to Culver's for lunch so that we both had ate. We each enjoyed the mommy and son lunch date. He even VOLUNTEERILY gave me a kiss. I LOVE THIS little 2 year today (I love him all days but sometimes it just takes more effort!)

Troy is saying new things. He copied words that I had said when I was talking on the telephone the other night. I hollared for "Kris" over the weekend and Troy repeated "Kris". If you asked what a car says, he'll tell you, "Beep! Beep! Outtamyway! Beep! Beep! [fist pumping in the air]" Now I don't believe he learned this from me. He absolutely has to wear his new Cars underwear that Santa left in his stocking to bed. Overtop his diaper of course. He loves underwear! Last night he put on his underwear and when I went to put him his jammies those undies had to stay on. So he wore his Cars jammies over his Cars undies over his fresh diaper. Funny kids. 2 hasn't been such a bad age so far. It was right before turning 2. Hopefully this lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment