Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 5

Monday, January 19, 2009

I was dreading this day. I knew that after lunch, Kris and Troy would be heading home. And I would be all alone. Sure enough. After lunch, Kris and Troy headed back to Wisconsin. It was the worst day yet. I laid in my bed and cried.

Later on, I was transferred to a post-partum room. Even though I was still pregnant, I was put on this floor, just to monitored since everything had calmed down. This is where I would remain until my baby was born. It would be no later than February 20th which would've been my 34th week. I was taking a prenatal vitamin, iron (since we didn't want a relapse of Troy's birth) and antibiotics. I had a team of doctors that would start visiting me every morning.

My room had large closets and cabinets. It had a couch, recliner and double bed. Yup, a double bed. AWESOME! It was much comfier than that laboring bed. My poor tailbone was crushed from laying for 4 days in that laboring bed. My bathroom had a HUGE jetted tub. I knew Troy was going to love it.

The team of doctors stopped in that even to meet me. They said I am aloud to get up for a total of 30 minutes per day. That included going to bathroom and shower. I could get up and refill my water pitcher. They said I would have a 20 to 45 minute fetal stress test every day. They also told me that I would be having a big ultrasound done the very next day since the baby's kidneys were enlarged and I had been constantly leaking fluid for 5 days.

Later in the afternoon, my brother Craig, sister in law Jen and niece Isabelle stopped to see me. Then I was really on my own. Jen thought that she would bring Troy down on Thursday to see me. I held on to hope that she would.

The first belly picture I had taken during this pregnancy. 1 picture is better than none I guess. This was it. Not much belly there.

1 comment:

  1. Your little bump was so cute. I'm really enjoying reading the whole story leading up to Rylee's birth. You did well, mama! She's adorable, I love the new picture you have up of her too!

    ReplyDelete