Friday, January 15, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 1

Let me take you back to Thursday, January 15, 2009. It was a relatively sunny, bitterly cold (in the negative degrees) day.

The time is 3:00 pm. I had just talked to my OB doctor's nurse about missing my gestational diabetes testing appointment because of some insurance stuff. She scolded me. She was going to talk to some people in the office and call me back.

It is now 3:15 pm. I felt a "gush" of something "down there". I had a flash back of my coworker Matt rushing another coworker to the hospital because she thought her water had broke. Turns out she just wet her pants. I just thought, Oh My gosh, I wet my pants. I instantly became ticked off, at myself of course. However, a few minutes after I cleaned myself up the best that I could, I felt another small gush.

It is now 3:30 pm. The nurse called me back. She said I needed to make an appointment when I had the insurance stuff worked out but to not let it go for longer than a week or so. Then she asked "how are you feeling?" "Well I think I might be leaking something. I must have just wet my pants [blushing bright red]" "If you are leaking any kind of fluid, I have to advice you come to urgent care and get it checked out. But with the insurance stuff, I will talk to Dr. B and call you right back."

It is now 3:45 pm. The nurse called back. "Dr. B says to go home and relax. If you continue to leak fluid for the next 2 hours, come in to the ER. Otherwise, Dr. M will see you tomorrow at 8:45 am to make sure everything is alright and we'll test for diabetes then."

It is now 5:00 pm. I told my boss that I had a 8:45 appointment and am not sure if my water broke or not. I was going to pick up my newly turned 1 year old little boy for a night of "relaxation", or at least as much relaxing as could be expected.

It is now 8:30 pm. I talked to Kris over his lunch break at work. The leaking is still going. Sometimes more than others. I said I think something is wrong. We discussed going to the ER and decided to wait until he got home at 12:30 am.

When Kris got home, the leaking had pretty much stopped. The baby was still moving. So, I decided to stay home and go to the appointment in the morning. What a bad bad bad decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment