Thursday, January 28, 2010

The 14 Days before Rylee, Day 14

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today was my dad's birthday.  I called him in the morning.  The team of doctors came the previous morning.  I asked about being trasferred.  They were going to check into it.  The same team came in, hadn't gotten a response from Mercy yet.  Baby Rylee must have liked breakfast because ever since, she moved like crazy. It took 45 minutes to get a good enough readout for the stress test because she was moving so much.  The nurse that day was my favorite.  She kept telling Rylee to take a nap for a few minutes.  She was super nice.  At noon, all of the movement stopped.  I told nurse Rebecca when she came in.  She wanted to do another stress test.  Passed with flying colors.  She thought the baby had moved around because she couldn't get a heartbeat in the normal spot.  The night nurse came.  I didn't care for her much.  She also did a stress test.  Passed again!  But the baby was sitting very still.  There was hardly any movement all afternoon.  After dinner, I talked to my sister.  I talked to her and completely forgot about Bingo.  Oh well!  I mentioned I thought I had a contraction.  Nothing out of the normal though.  After talking to my sister for an hour, I got off the phone.  I instantly felt terrible.  I just felt yucky.  My back hurt so I got in the shower.  I literally stood in the shower, doubled over in pain.  I got dried off and dressed and paged the nurse.  I told her I thought was having contractions and they hurt.  She got the doctor.  Sterile exam time.  But this time they couldn't get the speculum open.  She got a wheel chair and got me to labor and delivery.  They wanted to do an ultrasound to see it the baby was still breech.  Now, I was told that the baby would be born by c-section because she was breech and wouldn't be able to turn on her own in the low amount of fluid.  When the doctor brought her up on the screen, it was evident that miss Rylee had indeed flipped to the head down position.  They took me across the hall into a laboring room.  I didn't know if they were going to try and stop this or not.  The nurse took my temperature, 103°F at which the doctor replied, yup your having this baby TONIGHT!  I had developed an infection probably because I stopped the antibiotics a couple days before.  I was also dehydrated so it took 4 times of trying to get an IV in. 

I had called Kris before I paged the nurse just to give him a heads up.  About 45 minutes I called and told him to come.  He met my sister at our house so she could take Troy and he and his mom (after he quickly showered the stink of work off) literally sped down.  They got there around 11.  Just in time for the epidural.  I was freezing because of the infection.  The room's temp was turned up rather high. The 3 of us just chilled for a while.  My mom and Rich were headed down.  My dad stayed home.  We were just waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment