Sunday, January 24, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 10

Saturday, January 24, 2010

I awoke early. I picked up my room.  I organized my cabinets to accommidate Kris and Troy's things.  I made sure the woman came and changed my bedding.  I made sure to fluff the pillows for them.  I missed them terribly.  I only talked to Kris on the phone for the past 5 days.  I had seen Troy 2 days earlier, but missed him all the same.  At 10 am, I heard a little rap rap rap on my door.  The sweetest 1 year old with chubby cheeks came waltzing through the door right to me.  He hadn't forgot about me.  He gave me a piece of paper folded up.  It was a card that he made at the daycare specially for me.  He missed me.  I got to spend the rest of the day loving him up.  I got to give him his bottle at bedtime.  I got to snuggle to sleep with him.  I missed him like crazy.

Kris and I got to chat quite a bit.  We got to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie.  We talked about Mercy's NICU in Dubuque.  We were torn as to whether or not I should move there.  I wanted to be closer to family and Kris and Troy.  BUT, I wanted Iowa City's NICU.  I was torn.  Kris was torn.  We didn't make a decision that night as to whether or not I should make the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment