Friday, January 22, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 8

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I had been told that my sister in law, Jen and my sister Erin were coming down to see me with my niece Isabelle. They were bringing me the best present, Troy. I couldn't wait to see him. I was so excited, I got up early and was ready to see them. I could've cried when I seen them. The day or so before, I asked a nurse to take me to the gift shop. I got Troy a puzzle that he could do when he came to visit me. I gave it to him that day. He and Isabelle played with it well. This day sticks out in my memory because I missed him so much. You have to understand that I had only ever been away from him for 1 night since I had him. Even then, he was home with his dad. Now he was being passed around and I wasn't there to kiss him goodnight and put him to bed like I was used to. When it came time for them to head the 2 hours home, more for Erin, I was so sad. I cried for a long time after they left. Troy was crying as they left. I was so sad. I wanted them to take me with them. I couldn't stand it. Tears are spilling now as I recall what that afternoon felt like. It was one of the best days out of the 14 but one of the hardest. I was extremely grateful of Erin and Jen for taking the day to come down and see me and bring Troy. I couldn't bare not seeing him again for 2 days. Plus, he had to be put to bed another night without neither of his parents. That was the hardest part throughout the entire 14 days was not being with Troy, not knowing if he was happy or sad, not being able to hug or kiss him whenever I wanted, not knowing how his first days went at the new daycare, not putting him to bed, not being able to smell that sweet fresh out of the bath smell and hoping and praying he wasn't forgetting about me. I shed a lot of tears over that little boy. So day 8 was a great but hard one!

No comments:

Post a Comment