Monday, January 25, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 11

Sunday, January 25, 2009

It was sunday again.  I got teary eyed thinking of Kris and Troy leaving me.  Kris would take Troy down to get some food since he couldn't be left with me.  I would order mine before they left and by the time they got back up, I would have mine and they would have theirs.  We would eat together in bed.  I made it feel more normal to eat with them.  At 8 pm, Kris started packing all of their things out to the car.  Tonight, during our alone time, Troy learned how to turn on a light switch.  He was proud of himself.  He kept turning it on and off as I balled like a baby because I knew in a few minutes they would leave me.  I know this was as hard on Kris as it was on me.  He just could keep himself more composed than I could.  They left.  I cried.  I made my decision right there and then that the following morning when the doctors came to see me, I would ask to be transferred back to Dubuque.  I knew if wouldn't be at least until the following weekend but I knew I wanted to closer to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment