Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 6

January 20, 2009

Many remember this day as a day that made history. President Obama was inaugurated. I was in the waiting room of Radiology waiting for my big ultrasound. I got to see much of his speech. I got to see his inauguration. It was bittersweet. I was an Obama supporter. I was excited for our country. I was sitting in the waiting room in a hospital gown and those white leggings in a wheelchair nervously waiting for an ultrasound while people clapped and cheered around me.

That ultrasound lasted for 2 hours. Now ultrasounds are fun. You get to see your baby. I did infact get to look and stare at all my baby's parts for quite a while. I was sore lying in the chair for that long. My tailbone was severely bruised from the days of laying around. The ultrasound tech confirmed the enlarged kidneys but was more concerned with a shadow around the baby's heart. The fluid was indeed low. And my baby was on average measuring 2 weeks behind schedule. Not great news. However, not much we could do right now. I was going to have a doctor look at my baby's heart while still in utero. I was interested to see how this would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment