Sunday, January 17, 2010

The 14 days before Rylee, Day 3

It is now Saturday, December 17, 2009. I contracted all night. Troy and Kris didn't sleep well. I tried to sleep on one of those break apart labor and delivery beds. If you have ever sat on one for more than 10 minutes you'll know that they are uncomfortable. I could only get up to go to the bathroom. And even that wasn't an easy feat. I had to have Kris help me unplug the IV pole and take the leg things off me. They put these white tight leggings on me and had a thing that wrapped around my calves that blew air in and out to ensure blood flow since I was bed ridden.

Throughout the day we had many visitors. I am foggy on who visited on what day. They all seemed to blend together. I think that my mom and Rich were there for much of the day, my dad and Deb arrived and Kris's mom, dad and sister-in-law came down too. I labored all day! My dad and Deb got a room at the same hotel that my mom and Rich stayed at the night before. Mom and Rich went home as well as Kris's parents. I was starved the entire day. I was still having contractions. They picked up in intensity towards the end of the day. I was so hungry and tired and worn out, I just wanted to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment