Saturday, May 30, 2009

I've been waiting for this!

On Thursday, Troy met the 17 month mark. This boy weighed a solid 29 lbs at his 12 month checkup and he stills weighs 29 lbs. He is getting taller and talking more. Today he said the word No when he was asked a question and shook his head No. He also responds when we say "Where is sippy?" or "Where did your paccy go?" He runs around looking for it. And if we don't find it right away, he says, "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh.." until we do! He knows when he is doing something wrong and tries to fix it. And like his father, he falls asleep in the weirdest places or positions.



On Friday, Rylee met the 4 month milestone. She has to visit Dr. C on Monday for a weight check and 4 month well child checkup, which includes..shhhh..shots. They hurt and sometimes cause fevers and just aren't nice but I think the worst part is holding them down. A normal 4 month old baby can do so so much more than Rylee can but we have to think of her as almost 2 months old. Up until today (she did something incredible, which I've been waiting for!) in my What to Expect the First Year book, she was at a 1 month old baby. Someday, she will caught up to her actual birthday but for right now we have to think of her birthday as April 3rd. Even with that birthday,not to many 2 month old babies weigh just 8 lbs and still fit into preemie clothes!

As promised, here are pictures from outside. Our patio project is at a stand still. Kris' parents came over yesterday and his dad gave him some pointers on how to finish this project. So we just need to get the supplies. We need a load of sand which we can carry in the back of our Jeep so we're stuck right now.






Rylee was outside too!


On Thursday, my sister in law Jen brought my nieces Lexie and Avery over for a visit. These are two incredible girls. They always have so much to say. My brother and my niece Isabelle stayed because Izzy wasn't feeling very well and started running a temperature. She kept her poor mother up the entire night before so hopefully they got some sleep Thursday night.

As for Rylee's incredible something that she today...drum role please....


Isn't this the most beautiful smile ever!! She had tons and tons for me. I love it. I couldn't wait for this day. I wanted it more than the oxygen gone! And it came!! It is the most precious smile! For weeks, I've heard "Has she smiled yet? It's coming!" She never even showed any signs of wanting to smile until BOOM! She focused on face, my smile and my little coos and baby talk and SHE SMILED AT ME!! It wasn't just 1 or 2 accidental smiles, it was real smiles like 20 of them. Big, beautiful, gummy smiles! I'm floating high right now. It was awesome! I got all teary eyed and almost started to cry (paused for a second to tell Kris, who was more interested in making Kool-aid than watching, that Kool-aid waits, first smiles don't and get his bum over and get a few!) and she smiled bigger and brighter! Amazing, simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment