Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tryin' something new

We did lots of new things today. First we rearranged the kitchen a NEW way! And I really like it by the way. We also made our coat closet into my NEW pantry...not really new, rather transformed. We moved the coat closet over to the laundry closet...they now share joint custody of the space. It works rather well! We don't have many coats to wear right now. I prefer a sweatshirt anyway.

We went out to eat as an entire family for the first time today. We also went to church as an entire family for the first time today. By the way, the Diocese decided to stop doing the sign of peace and shared challis because of the Swine Flu. That's new too!

We also took RyRy to a couple of NEW places, to her any way. We went to Target and got a few pieces to add to T's summer attire. We went to Red Robin for dinner. We went to Sam's Club for a little shopping.

Carmen and I have decided that we are going to try to do something NEW. We are going to be thrifty. By this I mean, clip coupons, shop sales and make grocery lists. We are trying to figure out how to save a few dimes and this is what we came up with. We are going plan out our meals for the week. We are going to clip coupons and look at sale ads. We are going to plan our meals around the sales.

I have never been a coupon clipper. Rather, I've never even looked at coupons. I also never shopped the sales. And I've never planned a meal more than 1 day early. I HAVE made grocery lists but have a hard time sticking to it. I am very optomistic about this. I am going to put my best effort into it. Plus I have my trusty sidekick to kick my behind and whip into shape. We'll keep each other in line.

I am even going to make my own dinner rolls for the week. I tried a recipe that works wonderfully. It makes enormous rolls. They don't taste that bad either.

Therefore, I went to Sam's to get a start to my NEW pantry. I got flour, sugar, brown sugar, Regu (surprise surprise right mom!), canned veggies, canned soups...the list goes on and on. But my NEW pantry looks pretty good. I also bought Pampers, cleaning supplies, Shout...the goes on and on too. It will work out well. I have a good feeling in this NEW plan.

It's 10 o'clock. My son is still awake! He just dumped my salt shaker all over the table, chair and floor. Right now, he is closing himself in Patch's 'house'. Crazy child is the Energizer bunny. Eventually, he'll run out of juice and crash. And at...oh, 6 am he'll be recharged.

Oh, 6 am...the start of a NEW day...

No comments:

Post a Comment