Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gloomy, long days...

Today was another yucky day. Work is so slow right now. Most likely it is due to the construction outside the front of the building. These guys are tearing up the street, which needed it, but are taking up one of the 2 driveways. The way people fly into our parking lot, we're going to have an accident before the end of the week, I can feel it. We're a bank with a drive up that is going to be unusable soon if not already. (I leave at 2 so I am not sure how far down the street they got) So I will probably be surprised when I go to work tomorrow. I am sure the 4 wheel drive will come in handy.

My friend, Carolyn, ran in the Madison marathon over the weekend. I am very proud of this girl. She ran the entire 26.2 miles in 3:50:25! Amazing. I can't even get myself motivated to run let alone a freakin' marathon. I don't enjoy any kind of working out...I should try it though. These almost 20 pounds I have gained from having babies is not going to melt off.

My friends, Carolyn (from above), Dana and Annie are talking about having a GIRLS NIGHT!! The last time we all planned a Girls' Night I had to cancel because I went to the hospital for an extended stay and missed it. So hopefully, I can definitely go this time. I am so so so excited. I just wanna talk girly things with girly girls.

My husband is gone at work right now. I am listening to the House mini-marathon (I've already seen this episode) and both of my kids are in bed. Kris and I decided that T had to start sleeping in his own bed in his own room! He lasted the entire night last night. Well, you'll never guess where he's sleeping right now...MY BED!! And I put him there. I love having him in co-sleep with us until 3 am and I get a foot in my side or slapped in the face. When Kris gets home he'll put him in his own bed but for right now he's in mine. And that is my own fault. Rylee sleeps in our room in a bassinet at the end of our bed so she has the right to be sleeping in my room. She's as close as she could get to sleeping in our bed without actually being in it. (She naps in our bed!)

Speaking of RyRy sleeping. Last night, she woke up at about 4 to eat and she was complete turned around. She went from horizontal in the bed to vertical. Then after her nap this afternoon, she was the same way again! Must be getting easier to move around in there. She is close to rolling over. She archs her back and tries. It's close but we're not ready for that yet. She needs to be able to hold her head more and turn it to the side by herself before any of this rolling over business starts happening.

She was suppose to see Dr. Connolly tomorrow but his office called today and he is still sick. This is going on a week...I think he should see a doctor (hehe). Hopefully he gets better soon. That just means that we don't have to see him until Monday. Which just so happens to be the same day as the 4 month immunizations and check up. Kris didn't know this when they called so he made another appointment for Monday. I got him all straighten out and he had to cancel one. Didn't they see that on her file somewhere? I've had this 4 month check up appointment scheduled since before she came home. That was something we were going to work towards and she'll be home to go!! YAY!

She was extremely cranky today. When she wasn't sleepin' she was whinin'. It gets to a person. I know Kris was ready to go to work today and he only had to take care of her (T was at daycare).

Sunday we were going to give RyRy a bath. I decided to do her nightly suppository before I bathed her. I did the whole suppository thing and we only got a little out. So we had to do it again. This time is was taking a long time for her, in the meantime, the bath water was starting to cool down. I told her to just get it over with already. I no longer got that out of my mouth and she pushed (I was pushing her legs against her belly to help) and #2 and suppository came flying out at me. It was kind of a "ah ha mom!'' moment. The joys of being a mommy.

It's pouring right now and I keep thinking about my sisters. My sisters and their husbands are leaving on Thursday for a weekend trip to Nevada. Lucky little devils! They're going to have a blast in the sunny weather while we probably suffer in the pouring rain and dreary days. But since they're going on the trip, that means that Lexie and Avery are going to be in our corner for the entire weekend!! YAY!! I am totally going to see them and give them lots of kisses and hugs. Each time I see these girls, they've changed. Like Avery is getting so much taller and talking about the craziest things and Lexie is a girly girl that talks about hockey and school and Bucky badger. Man, life is flying by!

So, between Kris and I, we have 4 nieces and 3 nephews. Kris's brother and his wife are expecting their 3rd child in October. October 17th, I believe is when she is due, just so happens to be Miss Avery's birthday too! Katrina told me today that on June 5th (which is also when we go to Iowa City to meet with Dr. Julie) is when they're finding out if they're having a Leah or Adam (last I knew those were the names I think). I feel, right this moment anyway, that she's having a boy. But what do I know...that's just a feeling, right now. And I was wrong with both of my kids but have guessed correctly with all my nieces and nephews so we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, I do have pictures from the weekend that I will upload soon, I just haven't done it yet. I will! Have a great rainy night. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah our names did Change well the girl one.. We have a Alihya next door so we thought that sounded to close to have Alihya and a Leah. So she will be Abigail Rose if it is a girl..

    ReplyDelete