Thursday, May 7, 2009

Round 2

2 posts in one day?? I just had to tell you about my frugal dinner I made tonight. We had Mock KFC, peas, Lipton Chicken flavored noodles and T had a banana for dessert. You can find the recipes below. I do have to tell you that this dinner, enough to feed 4 people, cost only $5.00. Woohoo!! The Mock KFC is a seasoning that you mix up that can be used many many times. It makes quite a bit! Actually, the last time that I made a batch was Sept 2008 and kept it in an airtight container. I had to make another batch today because I was getting low. Holy cow!! I do have a confession to make though. I was going to take a picture of the meal only to find out that I was using the same colored plate as the picture I took on Monday. I am in LOVE with Fiestaware so none of my place settings are the same color. And with 11 place setting right now, with my eye on 2 more, I choose the same colored dish? BORING!! Enjoy our meal.

THURSDAY
Mock KFC:

1 TBSP Paprika
2 envelopes Lipton's Tomato Cup-a-soup
3 C Flour
2 envelopes Good Season's Italian Dressing
1 tsp Salt or Seasoning Salt

Mix all together well and store in air-tight container.

To use:
Melt butter and dip chicken pieces. Take buttered pieces and dip in KFC mix. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

**NOTE: I use chicken tenderloins and they work FABULOUS for kids!!**

Add with a can of peas and Knorr, formally Lipton, Chicken flavored Pasta side. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy thanks for posting that I would like to give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete