Thursday, May 7, 2009

FAMOUSNESS!!

Yesterday, I had to go to my 6 week postpartum checkup...ahem..only 8 weeks late. Anyway, Dr. B came in and told me that I am famous! A Dr. H that goes around to all OB clinics and hospitals in Iowa and "checks" things over told Dr B about a 23 year old woman, pregnant with her second child, ruptured membranes for 13 days, absolutely NO fluid left, baby breech....BUT baby turned around at the last minutes...born naturally. He's simply amazed and has been talking about this 23 year old woman and premature child for 2 months now at all his visits that he makes. That 23 year old woman, now 24, is ME!! And the premature child is my amazing, full of surprises little RyRy! He now wants to meet with me and have a "chat"! AMAZING! FAMOUS!, to the OB world anyway. Not to mention, Dr. B is very proud. He told me, he was sorry he missed it. He went on to say..."maybe next time..." I told him, "there will be no next time, I PROMISE!"

My blood pressure was fine!! I have to do a fasting glucose check since I was un-diagnosed with gestational diabetes. That should be fun. After a series of questions, he told me I definitely do NOT have the baby blues. Just chronic fatigue...comes with the territory though.

I went to the bank to chat about coming back to work. Deb was surprised that I was ready to come back. They will work with me as much as possible. Next week, I will be at work when Kris can not be at home. The following weeks, until RyRy is off oxygen and the apnea monitor, I will be leaving work at 2 pm, Monday through Thursday and working all day on Friday and probably most every Saturday, to make as many hours as I can. Once RyRy is off all the "stuff", Aunt Carmen and Uncle Joe will be watching RyRy from 3 to 5ish while Kris and I are both at work. T will continue to go to Tara's during this time. Thank God for Aunt Carmen and Uncle Joe...they're the best EVER!!

Speaking of Aunt Carmen...we're doing a girls day out on Saturday. For Mother's Day, Carmen and I are getting our nails done and she is getting her toes done too (not so much for me, I'm not the touch my feet type of girl). And Jalyny is coming too. She is also getting a manicure and pedicure for her birthday. I can NOT believe that my Jalyny is already going to be 6. Then Avery will turn 4 and Lexie will turn 6! But the shocker of them all, is Jared turning 9! This child has feet the same size as mine and is just about as tall as me...I don't know when this all happened. And he's so mature. What happened here? My lovies are growing up...fast...! My present to Jalyn is to take her, while on our Girls Day Out, shopping for some summer clothes. She can pick them out. I am not sure what I will be getting Jared...I'll probably let him pick too. We'll see.

I am going to try to get some things done while my babies are napping...in their own beds....in their own room. Love it! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment