Monday, May 4, 2009

Naptime quiet

T is taking a long nap today. He fought tooth and nail to take one so he kind of started out late. But still long nonetheless.

I can't help but stare at my little girl this afternoon. I just read a post by a woman named Sara who had a little girl named Elizabeth. She was very premature and weighed on 1 lb, 5 oz. She lost her battle this morning and is in God's hands now. Please pray for her parents, Sara and John, and big brother, Andrew, as they start their journey down a tough road.

RyRy has overcome so many obstacles over the last 3 months. She went to see Dr. Connolly today. Her weight was up to 7 lb, 12 oz. He is very happy with that. In the 2 weeks that she has been home, she's only gained 6 oz. BUT, we had some issues with oxygen tubing being too long and not getting enough oxygen to her. That was a set back. Then to make matters worse, she picked up a stuffy nose. That was also a set back. The nose is starting to clear. Hopefully in the next few days, her weight skyrockets. But 4 and half lbs in 3 months isn't that bad.

Dr. C told us today that she is his 3rd preemie. RyRy is the smallest out of all 3. And when the other 2 landed in hospital over the weekend, he thought the worst for our sweet girl. But he seen her today and that put his worries at ease.

NP Diane from IC called this afternoon. We are going to see her and Dr. Julie on June 5th. We are very optimist that we will finally get rid of the oxygen and apnea monitor then. This may also be, fingers crossed, when we can take the high calorie formula down a notch. We need to get her on something a little more concentrated to help with BM area. We both tired of the nightly suppository job.

Sidenote: Dr. C also told us today that over the weekend he was reading an article about formula. In the article they list the highest cal formula at on 26 and our sweet RyRy is on 30. He just laughed.

I believe that this week is the last week I will hope "sitting on my behind." Since next week is finals week and DadD will be home during the day, it's time for me to get back to work. As long as work works with me on a schedule. I am sure they will. I am excited for the day that I am at work for an entire 40 hours. That means my life is back to "normal" and RyRy is doing well. Yay!

I took some pictures over the weekend. I did get a photo of RyRy with my grandma. That was very important to me since I miss the many many opportunities to get one of T with my grandpa before he passed away. I wasn't going to make that mistake again. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment