Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sick and tired!

Well Rylee has been sick and the rest of us have been tired. The last few days have been a blur to say the least.

On Saturday night, Rylee started getting really stuffy to the point she was having labored breathing. For bedtime, we put her in bed with us and propped her up on her Boppy pillow so help her breathe. By 3 am, she wasn't doing any better so I decided to turn her oxygen up to 3/4 L. That seemed to help out a lot but she was still pretty fussy.

Throughout Sunday, I kept taking her temp because I thought that she felt warm. But her temps were always fine and normal. At 4:30, while snoozing in her Boppy right next to me while I folded some laundry, she had a 21 second apnea spell. It was small and she fixed it herself, so I didn't get to concerned about it. After dinner, we took her temp again. This time she was 100.8°F. I decided that some Tylenol was in order and call the help nurse to find out what the dosage would be.

The nurse told me half a dropper and said she was going to call Dr. C who was on call because she thought it sounded like phenomena. Within, 10 minutes she called back with the news. Dr. C is no longer comfortable about her state and well being since she has been sick since we brought her home. He wanted her to go to the ER at Mercy and have a pediatrician look at her.

We decided that since the last time we were sent home right away, that I would take her and Kris would stay home with T. I kissed them both and said "we'll see you later!" But later never came. Rylee was taken right in (they knew she was en route and were waiting for her), hooked up to machines for her pulseox and respirations. I answered the exact same questions over and over again. (next time I'll just wear them on my shirt!) The did another chest xray in the Gauntlet type, inhumane thingy. (I absolutely hate that thing if you can't tell!)

Since she had an apnea spell earlier and they were having a hard time looking in tiny tiny tiny ears, they decided to admit her for observation. Dr. R (the very old, rough pediatrician) cleaned out her ears with a little funny looked utensil thingy. Her left ear showed inflammation. So at 4 months (really only almost 2 months) she has her first ear infection. I feel like we needed to have an induction ceremony for her entering the club of ear infections that has overtook all 4 of the Klauer grandkids.

We were suppose to see Dr. C yesterday for 4 month shots but we were alittle detained so that had to be rescheduled. Dr. R decided to keep her another night. She was weaned from 3/4 L to 1/2 L. Then overnight, they weaned her down to 1/4 L. I have been afraid to do that myself and no one has me to do otherwise so I have left her at 1/2 L pretty much since the first week she was home. This a plus!

I had to come home last night with T since he couldn't stay overnight there and DadD was at work. DadD got home, showered and he decided he would go back to the hospital. He is more talented than me because he actually got some sleep while the night before I got none.

I thought I would sleep like a rock last night, but woke up in the middle of the night with the worst migraine ever. I think it was an allergy induced migraine. All these flowers blooming and grass being mowed is started to take its toll on my sinuses. So now I am the one with a stuffy nose, watery eyes, and throbbing head.

This morning, I packed T up and off we went back to the hospital. On the way, Kris texted me that Rylee would be discharged soon. She is back on Omnicef and nasal saline drops to accompany the suctioning. She looks a million times better than she did on Sunday.

We're glad to be back at home. Everyone, for the most part, is healthy or on the upside! I never expected that calling for a dose of Tylenol would lead to a 2 day stint in the hospital.

Tomorrow, though only a normal Wednesday, is a special day at our house. Stay tuned for a special post tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment