Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Not Me! Monday



This week I did not yell at my husband because he turned on the burner with the cover still on and almost burnt down the house! So then I certainly did not turn a burner on with a plastic ziploc container lid on it, melting it to nothing and filling our entire house with stinky, white smoke.

I did not take my son to the park for a play date only for his to get diarrhea and had to change his diaper on the front seat of my Jeep. Then I did not sit on the swing with him, acting as those that diaper never happened, for him to get down and see the back of his pants, my leg and his legs are soaked from diarrhea. Since I didn't do those things, I certainly did not change his diaper again and let him ride home pantless.

I did not lay down with my daughter and fall asleep for 2 and half hours. Then go to bed at 10 and sleep in until 7 on a work morning!! Nope Not Me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is a monumental day in our household. Rylee has been home with us for an entire month today!! It's amazing that she's been home a month already. I can't believe it.

In her first month home, many people have came to visit her. My dad, however, still has not. I am not sure what his deal is. Who knows... As for immediate family, Rylee has met all of her aunts and uncles with the exception of Kris's brother and my brother Jamie (whom she'll probably never meet).

In the last month, Rylee has battled a severe cold, slight phenomena, and bloody stools. She has been to the doctor 11 times and had 12 at home nurse visits.

In the last month, Rylee went out to "eat" for the first time, wore a dress (many times), went to Madison, went shopping, rode in a car, saw her reflection in a mirror, slept in her own bed in her room, officially outgrew her preemie clothes, reached 8 lbs, been picked on by her brother, got a puppy kiss, been held the entire night to make her feel better, taken oral medicine, went to the bank and wore hair clips and headbands. She accomplished a lot!

In our house, it's a YAY! for Rylee day!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment