Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Numb...

As I sit here in this quiet house (right now), I'm heartbroken. Yesterday afternoon Dawn, the home nurse, called Dr. C to tell him that Rylee lost another half ounce. His nurse called me and scheduled an appointment for this afternoon. After examining her, he decided to call Dr. Julie in Iowa City and have me wait until he talked to her. Dr. Julie, Dr. C and the PICU doctor in Iowa City all decided it would be best for Rylee to be admitted tonight. In a few short minutes, Kris will be home with Troy and we will pack for who only knows how long. I'm just numb. I had her home for only a month. Now she's going back. She has quit growing. She is on the highest calorie formula they can mix. We're out of options at home. She is also still having bloody stools. Dr. C thinks that since Troy had such a severe milk and soy allergy that Rylee is following suit. She has severe congestion which are causing more apnea spells. I don't want to take her back but it is what is best for her. In my heart, I knew this day was coming. She has fell below 8 lbs. Please pray for her tonight. She needs it...bad!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Girl! Poor you. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you! I fought so hard to keep my baby at home with me when the dr thought she was jaundiced too much(she was fine in a couple more days)because I didn't want to allow them to take her back to the hospital away from me. I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Sorry to hear that you have to go through this I can't imagine... Our prayers are with Rylee and you and Kris and Troy... Please keep us updated and if you need anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete