Sunday, May 24, 2009

Holy Moly...this may be a long one!

I haven't blogged since Wednesday...what? My life is passing by at lightning speed. Let's see...

We met with Dr. Barraclough on Friday since Dr. C was sick and out of the office. You'll never guess who weighs the 8 lbs, 3.5 oz? Yes that would be RyRy. She's amazing. I am not sure what happened but her stools went back to normal color, she's gaining weight, and at times she eats like a pig. I love it. 9 lbs here we come!

T has been living outside the past couple of days. They have been amazingly gorgeous! He gets very very mad when it is time to come in. I have many pictures from today that I took. I'll post them another day.

We finally started a new project...a patio. We have been dreaming and talking about this so for a few dollars and lots of sweat it has begun. Our backyard is a hill so there has been lots of digging. The top layer of sod was removed as well as a dead tree. This tiny little dead twig almost has roots like you wouldn't believe. Right now, roots are our biggest problem. Kris has been diligently working on this patio now for the entire day. I, however, have not contributed much. I will though, I promise. I think I'm actually more of a nuisance to him than anything. When I make a suggestion, sometimes he looks at me like "NO". He's doing a wonderful job!

We've decided to have a Potluck sometime this summer. It will be the same day RyRy is baptised. We still have to ask a special uncle if he'll be her godfather. So once we get that done, coordinate a day with the godparents and the church, we'll let you all know.

Our June weekends are starting to fill up! On the 13th, we're heading to Cassville to Kristopher's 5 year class reunion. We missed mine last year because we were camping with my brothers and sisters. It was fine because it was at a classmates bar in North Andover and unbenounced to many of my siblings, parents and friends, I was pregnant at that time. Kris's class reunion is much more family orientated. It's a potluck at the park for everyone and their kids. Many of them do have kids but he's one of the few with 2 kids.

On the 20th, my cousin Tiffany graduates from Lodi High School and she's having her party that day so we'll probably go to that. And I think my uncle is turning 50 the following weekend so we'll probably celebrate that.

We're grilling out the entire weekend this weekend. I love the grill! Kristopher showed me how to turn it on and off. The last one we had was dangerous. We had to light a paper towel, lift the lid and throw it in. It would poof! I was so afraid my hair would caught on fire that I never used it. This one, which we've had for like 4 years, is so easy. All I have to do is turn the propane on and push a button! Easy a pie!

For supper tonight, we had my mom's yummy Italian dressing Chicken. I marinated it all day in Zesty Italian dressing. It was GOOD! We had burgers and potatoes for dinner.

Tomorrow we're going to have BLTs for dinner and KABOBs for supper. YUMMY! My Kabobs consist of Ribeye, little Red potatoes, red and green bell peppers, tomato and pineapple. I am marinating my Ribeye in Lawry's Steak and Chop (with garlic and pepper) 30 minute marinade (but doing it overnight). It's wonderful.

I made a double layer chocolate fudge cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles to top! It did not frost well at all. I had to use a knife to frost it and it still looks horrible. Good thing it still tastes good. I normally use a spacula to frost or my frosting long knife thingy. Kris and T didn't care so neither do I.

Overall, this weekend has been amazing. My home is amazingly dirty and messy and is dire need of a cleaning! Which I fully intend on doing once it's dark and kids are in bed. Which won't be for a while because T took a 3 hour nap this afternoon to accompany his 1 and half hour nap from this morning. And he slept in till 7:30 am. All the fresh air has tuckered him right out. RyRy of the other hand has been awake for the majority of the day, which is new for her. We're going to cozy up on the sofa and watch a television show before bedtime, take a bath, read a book, then off to dreamy land for these kiddos.

Though we have tomorrow off, I was reminding what tomorrow stands for (through a shlew of emails from Kris's dad(we do read them Kim!))! Take time tomorrow to visit loved ones at the cemetary, thank your marine and remember those who lost their lives for us to have this wonderful freedom! Have a wonderful evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment