Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BIG SURPRISE!!

Before I get to the big surprise, I wanna give you all an update on Rylee.  We came home Saturday and all was fine.  Sunday, she had a hard time keeping much down.  Kris and I both think that it was the taste of the tylenol we got.  It was cherry and she only vomited while being given that.  The ibuprofen seemed to go fine.  However, since she had vomited a few times, I decided to have her checked out at Medical Associates yesterday.  She was down 1 and half ounces from Saturday.  We had to take her out to the hospital to get a blood draw (apparently it takes to long to have it done at the clinic so they send their patients in urgent need to the hospital to get the results within an hour) to check her white blood count and hemoglobin level.  White blood cell count was a little elevated and hemoglobin was fine.  They think she may have something viral but don't know for sure.  I was told that if the vomiting started again or she developed a fever than I needed to bring her right back.  So far so good, I think.

Ok...are you ready for the Big Surprise????  It's this...




Introducing Weston Robert Klauer!  He's absolutely precious.  It's been a crazy week around our household and won't be slowing anytime soon obviously. We named him Weston because we liked the name.  His middle name Robert came from each of us having a Grandpa named Robert.  I threw it out there because that was my grandpa's name and though he's no longer with us and I miss him like crazy, I know he's been watching over us and keeping us safe and healthy.  Then Kristopher said, that was his grandpa's name too.  So it worked out both ways.

Weston decided that on Monday he wanted to have a birthday!  I was suppose to go to the doctor last Thursday but with all the running around for Rylee I had to reschedule.  I was rescheduled for Friday and obviously that didn't work out because of Rylee's surgery.  So I was re-rescheduled for Monday at 3:30 pm with Dr. O'Donnell.  Kris, the kids and I took at trip on Sunday to Tomah.  Everyone was feeling happy, well and chipper so we decided it was a good time to meet Mr. Sawyer James and see how everyone was doing there.  On the ride home, Kris had to slam the breaks to avoid hitting the Prius that slammed on his breaks infront of us.  I started having some contractions then.  About half way home, the contractions got a little stronger and more frequent.  By the time we got home, I was not feeling so well so I laid down and they pretty much went away.  Monday morning I got up, showered and went to work.  I took Rylee to the doctor and to the hospital for that CBC.  I was short of breath then and when I got back at work, I was not feeling well at all.  I didn't know if I wanted to throw up or pass out or sit or stand or spit.  I was having contractions but nothing out the normal.  I got in the car to go to the doctor and I honestly have no idea how I drove myself there.  Seriously, I was in quite a bit of pain, contractions on top of each other and still feeling sick to my stomach.  I only hope that I didn't drive someone off the road, drove the speed limit or between the lines.  I was pretty out of it.  I told the nurse about the contractions in which she looked at me with this look like "come on your just under 35 weeks, you're not in labor but whatever".  Dr. O'Donnell came in and measured, right at 34 weeks.  Then she checked me.  I was a 3 and 90%.  Since I drove myself to the clinic and was in active labor, she decided that ambulance was the way to go to the hospital.  I got wheeled out through Medical Associates Clinic West Campus (OB is on the second floor) on a stretcher.  They held the elevator for me and all!  The nice paramedic told me that because the traffic that we were going to go lights and sirens to the hospital.  He kept asking me to tell him when a contraction stopped or started, the problem at the point was that I had no idea if they were stopping.  It was probably a less than 10 minutes ride and we flew through the ER right up to L&D.  Dr. Berger, my primary doctor, met us in the hall and checked me right when we came in.  I was a 5 and 90% with a bulging bag of water.  He let me get an epidural first then broke my water to get the show on the road and because it was bulging!  Honestly, a dam broke when he opened that bag.  He said it was the second largest rupture he's ever seen!  It was wild.  Kristopher came right before that, thank goodness.  Once I got that epidural, I relaxed as well as baby.   So instead of baby coming at 6 like Dr. B predicted, he took his sweet little time.  It turned out that he was face up instead of face down.  Dr. B tried to turn him, but he didn't wanna turn around.  After I was complete, Dr. B did manage to turn him.  He was born at 9:57 pm.  He was born 5 weeks, 2 days early but was rather large!  Dr. B predicted girl at 5 lbs 4 oz.  I thought boy as well as Kris.  He was 6 lb, 3 oz and 19.5 inches long.  There are full term babies who are smaller than him.  I can't even imagine what another 37 days in there would have produced!  I didn't have any problems.  Dr. B suctioned him and he let out some good loud bellars.  He started grunting when he was breathing and because he was born before 36 he was taken to the NICU, after I got to hold him for a minute or two.  He is still in the NICU.  He's been having some problems with his breathing however, remains on room air and hasn't dipped below 90% for his O2.  I get to go home tomorrow but he's going to have to stay.  I am not really all that ready yet.  We have to put a crib together, get a crib mattress, get diapers and some clothes to fit him right now, wash the other boy clothes, wash his crib bedding, I need to get a pump to use while he's here and once I go back to work.  There's a list.  I wanted to get some meals put together in the freezer so I'd like to do that too.  It'll be a bunch of shopping, wash, cooking and dishes tomorrow I am afraid.  As well as running back and forth to dubuque!  He's certainly precious.  And resembles his big brother an awful lot!  His hair is thick and blond.  He has a LOT of bruising on his face, legs, arms and bottom of his feet (that's from constantly kicking me the ribs).  The nurse in the NICU said that she would guess that by Thursday he'll be under some billi lights for jaundice.  I didn't expect to have a baby yesterday when I went to the doctor!  Mr. Weston has been a surprise from the beginning and hasn't let us down yet.  Enjoy some photos!

 
 Rylee at my friend's baby shower a couple weeks ago


Troy wearing Rylee's first birthday crown...it's a nice smile


 Last picture of her beautiful head of hair, though they didn't shave much off
 
 This is a shirt they gave us to have Rylee wear, she swam in the thing!
 
 This was the afternoon after surgery, she was happy and, you can't see it well here, but has bright orange hair


 See the clown hair, it's still tinted orange.
 
 This was the following morning
 
 Her face in this picture cracks me up!  She just had surgery less than 24 hours before and she's got big toothy smiles!
 
 There were guys right outside cleaning the windows right next to out room so we set her up by the window to look at them.
 
 First time meeting mommy


 all settled in the NICU
 
 My big babies and me this afternoon.  They haven't gotten to see Weston yet.  He needed his rest so we didn't even try to have them look in through the window at him and I really don't think either one would understand he was really looking through a window.  We did ask Troy where the baby was and he point at my tummy.  When we said, he's not in there anymore, Troy simply said baby at baby doctor.  He did well when it was time to go and I had to stay but he thought Rylee had to stay too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment