Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weston's Day 5 and 6 update

Weston is doing rather well.  Today, they removed the billi lights.  Tomorrow, they'll remove his monitors.  Then he's considered a "newborn" status.  Really the only thing left is getting him to take all his feedings by mouth.  And gain some darn weight!  Weight is a constant issue around here.  I believe that maybe tomorrow he'll be moved to a "crib".  As I was leaving this morning, the nurse put an outfit on him and turned the temperature in his isolette down.  More calories are burned in a crib because he has to regulate his own body temperature but they are also fortifying his feeding that he takes either by feeding tube or finger feeding.  I have gotten to put  him to breast now everytime I go.  That's a new experience for me but he's pretty good at it.  The first time he took his entire feeding.  Now the last couple of times, he hasn't taken much.  Kristopher left a little while ago to go to see him and do his 1 pm feeding.  Things are going to start getting tricky tomorrow when Kris has to go back to work.  My time there will be shortened greatly.  There will no longer be evening visits.  It doesn't sound like he'll be home very soon.  I am having a hard time with this.  I just want him home.  I went through this with Rylee too but I am much more impatient this go around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment