Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another Day 9 update!

Weston is officially 9 days old now, 9:57 pm.  I went down to do his 7 pm feeding tonight.  He woke when I got there.  He nursed for a good 35 to 40 minutes before starting to fall asleep.  He took exactly 14 cc again.  Consistency is great!  14 in the morning, 14 at night.  I think that feeding light bulb might be coming on, slowly but surely.  He did spit up a bit after the rest of his tube feeding but no one seemed concerned.  There's a new inmate in the NICU tonight too.  His name is William and he shares the exact same birth weight and head circumference as Weston but is half an inch shorter.  He joins Weston in the corner.  He is actually in Weston's "old" bed.  Weston is kind of shoved into tight quarters.  I have a feeling though, that William won't be there long.  He was a c-section baby and I think had some gunk in his chest.  Lyla is the only girl in the NICU.  She was born 4 days before Weston and weighed 3 lbs, 11 oz.  Her parents are super annoying.  Everything that comes out of her mom's mouth is about Daddy.  Don't get me wrong, I love my husband but I don't constantly talk about him.  I even heard one of the nurses say they creeped her out a bit.  I wouldn't say they creep me out but definitely are annoying, even Kristopher thinks so and that stuff never bothers him!  Marcos is a little boy, I know nothing about except that his name is Marcos and his dad is Diego and he's got the most annoying, loud cry.  Marcos gets to break out of the joint tomorrow.  His parents are super young, maybe 17ish.  His mom has been scolded a few times for a few things a couple of the times that I have been there.  She fails to wash her hands everytime she comes in.  I thought that was kind of an automatic thing!  And, she has broken the #1 rule numerous times I have been there, falling asleep while holding Marcos or nursing him.  She snores rather loud, so the nurses jump on her every time they hear her.  Sad!  And they're taking him home tomorrow on monitors and such!  OH boy.  It was a hoppin' joint there tonight at 8 o'clock.  William's dad had just left, and Marcos and Lyla's parents had just came.  I headed out about that time to go back to my sister's and rescue her from my kids! HA!  If they're brains aren't still thumpin' from all the screamin', I'd be very surprised.  They had a ball though.  Both crashed right after we got home.  It's been quiet and peaceful for the last 20 minutes.  Tomorrow, they are going to go to Kris's parent's house, I think.  SO, I think I am going to go to the hospital for my usual 7 am feeding, then come home and spend the rest of the morning with them.  I am sure Kris will go down for the 1 pm feeding and I may bring them down right before he needs to leave to go to work.  I asked Troy if he wanted to see Baby Weston tomorrow and he said YES!  When we pulled in the driveway and I turned off the car, he said lets see Baby Weston (Troy's pronouncation WE-ton).  He can only look through a window and it's been a week since he has done that so it's due time.  Hopefully we can bring him home within the next week and he'll actually be real to Troy and Rylee. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I've been away from the blogging world for a little while and a LOT has happened for you! Congrats on little Weston! I hope he'll be joining you all at home soon, he looks so precious. Rylee looks like she's doing well too, glad to hear the surgery went well for her! :)

    ReplyDelete