Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweet Samantha

Samantha Marie Nodolf-Carey passed away Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 9:10 pm.  A tiny little soul left this world way too early.  She joined her 2 cousins in heaven.  Those cousins never got to take their first breath or see their mother's faces.  Samantha Marie will be buried tomorrow.  Her mother and father will have to see her sweet little face and feel her soft skin for the last time tomorrow and for that, my heart is broken for them.  I thought about attending the funeral, but I honestly don't think that I could bear it. 

Kristopher came home Wednesday evening from work and as he came to bed, which was really 2 am on Thursday, he said "did you hear the sonic boom of the meteor?"  Now, I didn't even know there was a meteor that entered our atmosphere because I spent a large portion of time trying to get Mr. Troy to sleep.  However, at 10 pm, I had the windows open and heard what sounded like thunder at first and then a HUGE bang.  Our house could've rattled, I don't really know, because Patch our dog, started freaking out and I was afraid that he would wake up Troy.  I didn't see the big flash of light in the sky but I sure heard it.  A woman I work with happened to be outside, taking a walk with her husband.  She said it was a "humbling experience because she thought, this is it, we're all going to die!"  That meteor was seen, felt and heard in over 7 states.  Amazing.  Rements of the meteor have been discovered a mere 30 miles from here.  At least it burned up before crashing into the earth!

As I got on facebook, because Kris told me that his friend posted a video of it on there, I seen Samantha Marie's mom's status.  2 am, my heart broke.  I cried.  At 4, I got Rylee out of bed for a few minutes, loved her up, cried and went back to bed.  I am not sure what parents do when their child dies.  Do they pack up their belongings and head home?  Then what do they do when they get home and have to see that child's room, clothes, toys, bed?  I hope I never have to find out.  We've had some close calls and those were much closer than I ever want to be again!

Please pray for Samantha's family especially her mom, Jaime and dad, Tim while they grieve.  Pray for Jaime as her milk dries up because she no longer has a baby to feed and Tim's empty arms.  Samantha put up a fight for her life but was just too sick.  She has her perfect body and is in an amazing world now.  Rest in peace Samantha.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. My heart breaks every time I hear of a child dying. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete