Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rylee's day of Celebration!!

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of Rylee coming home.  After 79 days in the NICU, we were extremely ready to have her home.  And here we are, 1 year later.  We no longer have the oxygen and apnea monitor and all the preemie and newborn clothes are put away in a storage container marked "Rylee Preemie-Newborn".  Rylee no longer sleeps in our room at the foot of our bed.  Rylee came home and one of the first things that I did was put her in the bouncy seat.  That same bouncy seat is in the closet awaiting Baby #3.  Today, Rylee is breathing on her own, wearing 3-6 and some 6-9 month clothes and sleeps in her own bed in her room.  She is able to go out in public, in moderated situations and time frames.  The last 365 days has been jammed packed full of new and exciting and some not so exciting things.  Rylee's personality, which was strong before, has really shown through in the last 12 months and we have grown to love her even more.  Only 1 things hasn't changed in the last year, that I can think of, and that would be our overbearing control to keep her healthy and at home.  Hand sanitizer is still used, hands are still washed and visitors are still limited (none are aloud right now).  A momma that I knew buried her infant daughter yesterday.  And right now, we're having a day to celebrate Rylee being home with us for 1 year.  Life just isn't fair.  And even though Rylee is home, doesn't mean that we get to stay away from the doctor's office for very long.  In the last year, Rylee has had 1 surgery to have a shunt placed to correct Hydrocephalus, 14 nights in the hospital, at least 15 xrays, as well as a CT scan and quick brain MRI, has thrown up at least 365 times, been on countless medicines, had countless nebulizer treatments, has seen Marcy, PT, 14 times and Krisann, speech, and Jessica, OT, 7 times each, been seen by every single nurse at Medical Associates Platteville, has been to some kind of doctor appointment 74 times and has cost of our insurance company since 4/18/2009 about $500,000.  That's just the first year here.

Now onto my ramblings...yesterday, I had to work from 8 to 12.  We only have to work once in 8 weeks, plus you "bank" 4 hours when you do, so I used mine for the day I took off last week.  I now have 6.5 hours left to make up.  After work, I stopped at my Dad's to pick up our meat he gave us at Christmas time.  He also gave me the Harley he got for Troy and the play gym her got for Rylee.  They were pretty excited to see those when they woke from their naps.  At dinner time, I made oven potatoes, a new recipe in my new cookbook (a lady I work with is in the Quota Club, they did a cook book in 2005 and are still trying to get rid of them (by 1 get, 1 free, $5.)  So I picked one up for myself and am planning on giving the other one to my sister Carmen.   After we put Ryleeroo to bed, we started cleaning out our bedroom to make room for the new bed that was just screaming at us in the garage.  Troy watched, rather was in the way for a while so he and I sat in the living room and rocked to sleep...which took a total of 15 minutes.  Once he was sound asleep, I joined Kris to help with the assembly.  We ran into a snag at about 11:30 pm.  When he was building the frame, he custom made it to fit our boxspring.  However, we used the plans to make the headboard and footboard so it didn't match up like the in the plans.  We improvised, cut a couple of things and put it together.  It worked well in the end.  The bed fits like a glove.

Today, we've had cake for Rylee.  We've been doing stuff around the house.  We have a small shampooer that I just finally used to clean out Microfiber recliner.  We decided to use that shampooer in the vehicles because well it's gross.  We rearranged the furniture in the bedroom.  I prepared some meat for dinners this week.  And now both kids are napping and Kris and I are resting.  Next on the agenda for today is to clean the rest of this house.  Pot Roast for dinner!  Happy sunny day all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment