Saturday, April 24, 2010

A glimpse into the future

We got see Baby W Klauer or Baby L Klauer on Thursday.  Great news...the kidneys are perfect size, the heart is beating and it's a good size.  This was my 3rd ultrasound.  I had an early intervention ultrasound at 5-6 weeks and another at 7-8 weeks due to bleeding.  In the first two the baby was measuring a consistent week behind so Dr. B changed my due date from September 1 to September 8.  However, at Thursday's ultrasound the baby was measuring at 21 weeks, 2 days instead of 20 weeks, 1 day and had an estimated due date of August 31.  I know dates and am not new at the baby game, this is my 6th pregnancy!, and I truly believe that September 1st is much more accurate.  We talked to Dr. B about my dad's wedding that is September 4th.  I told him this a "when pigs fly" type of world moving event and I REALLY want to be there and prefer that my water doesn't break on the dance floor.  He agreed that as old wives tales go, which I wholeheartedly believe in, dancing could definitely induce labor.  He also told me that he has no problem bringing a baby out at 39 weeks.  Especially since, if I make it to 39 weeks and my first born child was 8 lb, 9 oz and "momma ain't built for 8 lb 9 oz babies" that a week early maybe just be exactly what we want to do.  You know, that way I could actually walk around on my own the day of the wedding!

The ultrasound tech asked us if we wanted her to tell us the sex of the baby.  Kris and I decided in the waiting room that maybe we would just like a look at the "parts" and make our own determination!  For Troy we didn't peek.  For Rylee, there was no mistaking she was a girl.  Baby #3 seems to be following suit.  There is no doubting the gender of this child.  So even though I have seen the "parts" I will not tell what I think the baby is.  Plus the ultrasound tech agreed to our wishes and never told us what the gender is for sure.  We just have our guess and could very well be wrong since we don't read ultrasounds on a daily basis like she does.  She just laughed at me when I spit out what I thought!  However, Kris and I agree on this!  There's no betting a soda on this one.  However, I am not confident enough to go out on a blue or pink shopping spree!  I am still going to pack a pink bag and a blue bag and see what happens. 

I was talking with a co-worker yesterday and spit out the boys name on accident.  I made her swear to secrecy.  There are only a couple of other people who know being Kris, our babysitter and my sister.  I will not tell anyone else.  It's a surprise!  Just like the gender is a surprise!   We have a middle name picked out that would be suitable for either a boy or girl.  The first names weren't chosen for their meaning.  And if you knew the meaning of the girl's name you would know I didn't chose the name because of the meaning!  It's not so good.  The middle name is a hebrew name meaning Praised.  This child wasn't expected to be in our family but will be and for that we praise.  This child will also be my last child.  And for that, I praise.
 This is Baby Klauer #3.  Can you tell who he/she looks like?  Troy perhaps?!

No comments:

Post a Comment