Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I did it!!

I did it!  I took both kids to Dubuque (Target and HyVee) by myself.  It was raining the entire time and I was wearing heels that ended up being extremely slippery.  I've heard that HyVee was the best place to go for produce.  Um ya, all I can say is amazing.  Plus, their carts have cars in the front and a place in the back for an infant...sure it's a boat to get around the store but made Troy happy.  I had 4 full grocery bags when I left, mostly fruits and veggies, and spent a total of $38.00 which was even better.  I had some stuff at Target that I needed to get and decided tonight was as good a night as ever, even in the rain, and we were out of bananas.  Needless to say that by the time we got done with both stores and wearing out the sayings "Troy, sit down please" "Troy sit on your bottom" and by the end of our trip those "TROY, SIT DOWN" probably almost came across as "TROY, IF YOU DON'T SIT DOWN I'M GONNA PADDLE YOUR ASS!"  Of course, I would never paddle his rear and wouldn't say that to him (in public).  Oh my gosh, I was completely exhausted by the time we were in the car on the way home.  And it was not Rylee who exhausted me the slightest.  It was the trying to get both kids into the store before everyone was soaking wet and trying to keep Troy from being run over by those crazy Iowijan drivers (and they weren't even on their cell phones). 

Once we arrived home, I carted them both in the house, carried in the groceries and put everything away.  Then bathed 2 kids who desperately needed baths.  I don't know if I'm cut out for this mommy business.  But I guess it's a little late to change minds.  I can't even imagine trying to do a night like this with 3 kids.  So don't expect to see me out and about with 3 kids.  We'll stay home and place here instead.

Tomorrow is #1 of 2 trips to Madison this month for doctor appointments.  It's going to just be me and Rylee taking this trip.  Troy will be spending the morning with daddy and then going to daycare in the afternoon until Rylee and I get there to pick him up.  Rylee and I have quite the day in store.  Rather Rylee does, I just have to cart her around.  Starting at 7:30 Rylee has physical therapy until 8:30.  Then we are in the car on our way to UW hospital for her 11:00 Radiology appointment.  She is scheduled for a MRI at 11:15 and then see Dr. A, neurosurgeon, at 12:20.  I believe she will have to be sedated for the MRI.  We have to check in at Radiology at 11 at UW Hospital.  The paper that was sent to us said to register at Radiology G3/3 Registration desk.  That's it.  I have no freakin' clue what that means.  It doesn't say where to park or what floor it's on.  Then after that we have to fly over to the American Family Children's hospital (which is connected to the hospital) for her appointment with Dr. Albright.  I am going to park in the children's hospital ramp because I most familiar with that one then ask guest services where to go to get to Radiology.  I think we will have plenty of time to figure out where we are going.   I'm not too worried.  She can't eat before it so she's going to have to suffer through until it is over. 

After we are done with the appointments, we are going to make a quick stop at Toys R Us to get my niece Isabelle a birthday gift.  Happy 2nd Birthday Izzy!  (Her birthday is today!)  Her birthday party is Friday at 6.  Not sure if we will make it or not.  I don't get off work until 6, then have to go get the kids from daycare (daddy has to work, AMEN!) and then try to navigate my way to her Grandparents house.  Plus I would be doing it alone with 2 kids, trying to hold 1 away from tearing into her gifts while holding the other after a 10 hour work day.  UGH! I am tired thinking about it. 

My rash is still itchin'.  I was suppose to have my third shot of progesterone yesterday.  The key word being suppose to.  The nurse seen the note on my file that I had called in about the rash.  She took a look at me, we talked about the shortness of breath, she called Dr. B (who wasn't in the office) and decided that she didn't feel comfortable with me receiving the shot.  I couldn't agree more.  I was not broken hearted when I left the clinic.  This rash has calmed down quite a bit since last Tuesday.  I was so afraid that getting the shot would make the rash "come back" (meaning the increasing the intensity of it).  Literally, my eyeballs itch.  Benadryl doesn't do anything for it just knocks me out.  I've been miserable for the last 8 days.  Upon leaving the clinic yesterday, I was instructed to call Dr. B's office today.  So I did.  Dr. B says to get an appointment with dermatology.  So Friday, I am headed to see Dr. H.  Last time I had a rash it was PUPPs and Dr. H told me I had dry skin or eczema.  So I think this appointment is 100% a waste of time. 

This baby is a sleepy one.  I don't think that I have felt it kick for a couple days.  That's nothing new at this point since the kicks are hardly felt unless laying in bed.  I am excited to feel him/her kick more.  I was very active today so he/she has been more than lulled to sleep.  Speaking of sleep, I need to get Troy to lay down and go to sleep.  Yes, it's 10 pm and he is still spin circles in bed.  And I'm tired too.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment