Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hand Sanitizer

This is an issue I obviously need to talk about.  More for me just to vent and get crap off my chest.  So, hand sanitizer..easy concept right?  Chronically ill child, can't fight off colds and infections well, mommy says "you can hold her but you need to use hand sanitizer first" which mommy provides...easy as pie.  I HAVE GOTTEN THE MOST SLACK OVER FRICKIN' HAND SANITIZER.  It's like I am asking a lot of someone to wipe their hands with a Sanihand wipe or rub a little hand sanitizer on their hands.  Why do I have to deal with the snood comments and those "stinkface" looks (that's Kristopher's term!)?  I am just trying to keep my child healthy and home.  This week it is extremely important that hand sanitizer is being used because Rylee is due for another Synagis shot.  Synagis is a shot to prevent RSV.  BUT, Dr. C has denied her the April dose because RSV season is close to over.  However, he told me that this week she is most susceptible of contracting RSV or some kind of respiratory infection/cold.   And that is why hand sanitizer is important this week.  I have a bottle in my car, purse, diaper bag, desk at work, 3 at home...everywhere Rylee goes there will be hand sanitizer there.  Even my grandma would have to use hand sanitizer to touch or hold her.  It's that important.  So with that said...why the slack?   I actually got the cold shoulder last night because of hand sanitizer.  And that's just the icing on the cake.  I have gotten the looks, comments, people being mad at me all over hand sanitizer.  HAND F'IN SANITIZER.  I want to scream over hand sanitizer.  I am not crazy because I require hand sanitizer just to keep my child safe and healthy.  That's called being a good parent and doing what the doctor has told me to do. Why wouldn't you want keep this super uber cute little girl healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment