Sunday, April 11, 2010

Prayer request

Remember when I told you about a little girl named Samantha that was born in the backseat of her mom's suv in March?  She has thrived but her health has deteriorated quickly.  I talked to my co-worker Sue, who is Samantha's great-aunt, today.  Samantha was baptized today.  She has a grade 3 to 4 brain hemorrhage, grade 4 is the worst hemorrhage possible.  This bleed has caused her head to swell 1.25 inches.  She also has a problem with her heart.  I am not exactly sure what this is but her mom refers to it as a PDA.  She has an echo that showed no improvement.  She is scheduled for surgery to fix the PDA tomorrow at 3.  But with that and the brain hemorrhage, the doctors have given her no chance for survival.  Samantha is the first child to her parents.  Please pray for Samantha and her parents, Jaime and Tim.  Throughout our entire NICU experience, never did the doctors tell us Rylee wouldn't survive.  I am no idea what they must be feeling right now.  I have lost 3 "babies" but I didn't know their gender or personality or what they looked like.  Jaime and Tim know everything about that little girl.  They are praying for a miracle.

This weekend has been such nice weather.  I love it!  We were outside constantly Saturday and today.  Troy came in both nights filthy dirty.  A few weekends ago, Kris made a kids size picnic table.

It's gorgeous.  I picked out some stain from C&Js General Store.  It's a mahogany stain.  It wasn't sure if it would be too dark or not.  So this weekend, I broke out the stain brush, rag and rubber gloves and stained it.  It took me like 30 minutes to do it.  And it turned out awesome!!
As I stained the table, Kris worked on building me a bed.  I know you're thinking a bed?  Since I have lived on my own which has been the last 7 years, my bed has been a box spring and mattress on a frame.  I've never had a headboard and footboard.  I found the bed plans on Knock off Wood.  I love the Farmhouse bed so we printed off the plans, Kris got the lumber when he got the picnic table lumber and a few hours later, I was sanding the headboard!

It turned out that the 1 x 8 boards that we got weren't the 1 x 7 1/2" they should've been, they were 1 x 7 1/4" so in the middle we stuck of the headboard we put in a 1 x 2".  It turned out cool.  Once, I finished sanding it, I stained it with the same stain as the picnic table.  We had an entire gallon and the picnic table didn't even put a dent in it, we neither did the bed for that matter.  

The footboard is just like the headboard just shorter.  The headboard weighs like 100 lbs at least.  Incredible.  We are got to put some polyurethane on it to give it some shine!

We had a bunch of scrap wood pieces so I turned those into a tiny little bench that will house a plant or potted flowers sometime.  The bench didn't cost us anything since it was scrap wood pieces and I used some interior paint we had as well as some contact paper.  This is the finished product.  Kris cut most of my boards and still some nailing but other than that, I nailed and measured by myself.  Not bad for my first solo project.  It's wobbly but it's not meant to house a rear end!

I pained the top and the outside of the legs white first.  Cut out "The Klauer's" in contact paper, applied over the white once it was dry and painted over top with the sage.  Once dry, I pealed off the contact paper and sanded down the tops, edges and outside of the legs to give a countryish look.  It's super cute!  It's perfect for our entry!  It measures 15" tall, 18" wide and 12" deep.  The legs even have an upside down V cut out of them.  Lovely!

As of right now, our bed is housed in the garage to air out a little and wait for the polyurethane.  Next weekend, we will assemble it, in our room of course, and sleep on the bed.  It'll be so nice to have in there!

So, our weekend was jam packed full of projects.  Kris and I enjoy doing them together.  It's fun.  And the kids enjoy the fresh air outside.

Also, Rylee has caught something.  She is most susceptible to catching stuff this week because she is due for an RSV shot but won't be getting one per Dr. C's request!  She has goopy eyes, runny nose and her breathing is very loud today.  Last night, while visiting my grandma she fell asleep and I watch her retractions as she breathed and snored.  Today, has been much of the same.  I am hoping this new doctor, Dr. W, that we are seeing on Tuesday will give us some insight.  Especially with the damn puking.  We are so tired of the puking.  I feel so bad for her.  She threw up 3 times yesterday and 3 times today.  I just wish this would stop.  I am afraid of what this is doing to her esophagus and mouth.  I am at my wits end!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment