Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mommy needs a time out!

PICTURES! YAY! I finally uploaded some pictures!


My babies together. Troy wanted to lay with Rylee.

Me and Rylee


Grandma Klauer and Rylee


Rylee and her godparents, Erin and Craig

Rylee's last day with her pretty hair


Rylee chewing on her pulseox at the UW hospital ER

Troy giving Rylee one last kiss before her surgery

Me and Rylee bouncing while we were waiting

Daddy and Rylee, patiently waiting...she was very hungry

She took her pacifier for a while then my thumb did the trick

Staring at Daddy wondering what the fluff is taking so long

Finally crashed out

All done with surgery

The morning after

Rylee is doing relatively well. She is still in pain and discomfort. We decided to give her tylenol in .4mL every 4 hours instead of .6 mL every 6 hours. This seems to be helping her with the pain a little better. 6 hours seemed too long and all the tylenol at once was making her very very sleepy.

Last night was a rough one for Troy, Rylee and I. It seemed that Troy and I butted heads all night. We just didn't get a long. Rylee was just not happy all night.

Since I had to come home early from work so that Daddy could go to school at 2, I skipped my lunch break. I decided that I would have a little left over cheesy salsa stuff from Sunday's Packer game. I no more than sat down and Rylee started screaming. I forgot all about the cheesy salsa and tended to Rylee's needs. I gave Rylee a sponge bath and was just starting to get her bundled back up when Troy fell down and started crying. I placed him in the recliner with cartoons on the tv while I finished up Rylee. I got done with Rylee and look up to find Troy smearing the cheesy salsa dip all over our microfiber recliner, his arms and FACE! I was mortified. I had one child screaming because she was hungry and the other one screaming because he rubbed cheesy salsa dip in his eye. ARGH! I tried to call for some help but no one was home so on my own, I threw Troy in the shower, tried to calm Rylee down by propping a bottle up with a towel, called the Help nurse about the huge red spots all over Troy's face and about Rylee's excessive sweating and screaming and scrubbed down my chair. This is what I call multi-tasking. I got Troy held down, ran saline over his eyes, toweled him off and dressed him in his pjs.

At 7 ish, after Troy's constant crying and whining and falling down and throwing things in Rylee's bed (who was sound asleep finally) and throwing things in general, I reached a breaking point. I simply set him on a rug in the kitchen and set myself in the living room. We each had a time out.

At 8 I was moving Rylee's pack-n-play from the living room back into my room while Troy was quieting down for bed. I was out of Troy's sight for 1 minute. When I walked back into the living room, Troy had got Rylee's can of formula, was taking handfuls of powder and putting on the living room carpet. I about died! That stuff is so super expensive and now it is in a pile on the living room floor. I could've killed him. I made him help me clean it up and then we had a "chat". He kept telling me "sorry" and giving me hugs and kisses. It was one hug that lasted a little longer than others that made me start wondering if he was awake. Sure enough, he started snoring. This kid just fell asleep while giving me a hug. If only it were that easy every night.

I love my kids to death but I need a brake from them. I am sure that after tomorrow, Kris will as well. Someday, Kris and I pray we will get the opportunity of a babysitter so we can go out for dinner or maybe even a movie, if we are lucky (which obviously we're not). We've been at each other lately and could use a date, which we haven't had since Troy was 3 weeks old. Someday! Hopefully we're still married when that someday comes.

1 comment:

  1. Bring the babes up here and we will take the for a while for you to get a day out or a date night... Sorry we live so far away we could help you both more if we were closer

    ReplyDelete