Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The heat is on!

We turned the heat on on September 30th at our house. It is so dang chilly and I've heard there is a chance for snow this weekend...UGH! I am not ready for snow or cold. Hopefully, it won't be as cold as it was last winter. On January 16, 09, which was the day that I started my extended stay at the hospital, it was a frigid -29°F.

Last weekend, we took Troy and Rylee to my friends, Dana and Aaron's open house. It was so nice visiting with my friends. Dana's cousin had her little boy, who like a month old, (I am really not sure how old he is) there and happens to be bigger than Rylee is now. He's cute as a button.

After we left Dana and Aaron's, which was a must because T was being a TURD!, we went to Eplegardens. It's a Norweigan apple orchard and pumpkin patch. My aunt Lisa suggested it. Troy had so much fun! We filled our bag with the apples we picked of the trees. And we scoured the pumpkin patch for the best 2 pumpkins. It was a lot of fun. Everyone, except Rylee, was filthy dirty and tired!





We then headed to Babies R Us and grabbed dinner at our favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. Troy and I watched Horton Hears a Who on the way home. It was fun.


Last night, I decided that I was going to try to make Rylee a tutu. I ordered one for Halloween and found out later that I won't have it by then so I was bound and determined to construct it myself. I picked up the kids from Tara's and we headed to Dubuque. I decided that T wouldn't behave in Joann's while I was picking out tulle unless I had something to bribe him with. We stopped at Burger King, which was a first time eating there for each of us and frankly I wasn't impressed, so he quietly ate his chicken nuggets while I shopped. I bought 2 yards of tulle in green, purple, while, pink and brown each, 4 yards of ribbon, 2 yards of elastic and a measuring tape. It only cost me $20.88. When I got home, I found a sheet in the bag on their upcoming sales. Tulle is on sale at 50% off. I cut, tied and stitched while I watched the Packer game. The end result was AWESOME!

Tonight, me and the kiddos are going to snuggle up with some homemade chicken pot pie and watch the Biggest Loser. Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment