Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Rylee update

Rylee had her 6 month well child appointment today. I went relatively well. I had forgot completely that Dr. C wanted to do an xray on her hips. He ordered that and took a look at the outcome. He is not a radiologist but her thought that they looked just fine. I am not exactly sure what the outcome of her froggy legs will be. He also spoke with me about the flu shot, which she got half of today and will get the other half next month. He is also pretty sure that she will qualify for the H1N1 vaccine when it becomes available. He laughed when he said that this flu and cold season is going to be a long one for her. He also added that he is done taking vacations so he will always be there.

We touched the subject of the extra calcium in her urine culture. Dr. O called yesterday and said that the Iowa City Kidney doctor thought that the calcium level was in a normal range. Dr. C also agreed with Iowa City. However, she is coming up on 9 months and he is pretty sure that she will be off the Neosure 30 k/cal by then due to the fact that she will most likely develop kidney stones. We have an appointment with Becky, her dietatian, next week. Dr. C wants her to call him before we decide on a plan for Rylee. He is no rush to start cereal and doesn't want her to be either. Iowa City told us that it would be December at the earliest before cereal and he agreed whole heartedly.

Rylee also received her shots. OUCH! She didn't like that. We are still having trouble with her throwing up at odd times. Today, she threw up for the second day in a row at Tara's. UGH!! DadD forgot to send an outfit to Tara's to replace the one she had to use yesterday so Rylee got to come home today in a boy baby outfit. We had a few errands to run today after I picked them up.

We went to have dinner with DadD tonight. Then we had to run to WalMart to order food for the party. Unfortunately, it seems as though many of the people that we invited won't be attending. My brothers and sisters, parents and Kris's parents are attending for sure. Other than that, I have no idea. Oh well, we'll send cake and food home with everyone I guess. I had figured on about 75 people coming but now the count is maybe 30-40. I already asked my mom to get potato salad for 75 people. I hope everyone attending like potato salad enough to take a bucket of it home with them.

We have a busy weekend. It's Dairy Days in Platteville. Clare Bank is walking in the parade and handing out candy so Rylee and I will walk while Kris and Troy watch and collect candy. The theme this year is Herds and Curds so we are going to be the Herd from Clare Bank...haha. Then we are going to Madison to my sister in law's house for her Dove chocolate tasting party. AH, DOVE! I LOVE DOVE CHOCOLATE! We were going to go to The Melting Pot but Troy is coming with us so we'll probably just head home to get ready for the party. Then Sunday, we have Rylee's baptism and the party afterwards. YAY!

I promise that I will post pictures. Especially of Rylee in her beautiful dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment