Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend

It was a long weekend but the end came way way too fast. On Friday night, I went on an overnight shopping adventure with my sisters. When you get the 3 of us together, we're all giggly and silly. Friday night after furniture shopping, we went to my favorite restaurant Texas Roadhouse, then headed to Watertown to the hotel. We got there at like 10:30, I was tired as were Carmen and Erin, but we decided to go to sit in the hot tub (the night manager said he though he would "forget" to close the pool area at 11). We got up, ate the continential breakfast and went SHOPPING! We hit Kohl's first. I got Kristopher 2 shirts, a pair of sunglasses and a pair for myself ( I left mine in my car in Madison and it was a bright, sunny day) and a few shirts for Troy. We then went over to the outlet mall. I bought Rylee a dress from the Children's Place with a 15% off coupon. I got a gift, a pair of jeans and the cutest pjs for Rylee and a sweatshirt and outfit for Troy from OshKosh with a 20% off entire purchase coupon. At Carters, I bought another gift and finished off my kids winter wardrobe with a 20% off the entire purchase coupon for about $110.00 and got coupons for my next purchase. We then went to Adidas were I got myself the most comfortable sandles and a pair of Superstars for Troy for the BOGO 1/2 sale. There was a new store at the outlet mall, Columbia Sportswear. I love Columbia coats and could wear one forever. I have one now, that I've had forever and need a new one but just can't bring myself to spend the money. I bought Troy a fleece coat thingy on sale, Rylee a fleece coat thingy on sale but it has a hood and since she'll mostly like be in an infant seat the entire winter it will do for a winter coat, and Wisconsin thin, fleece hoody for myself with an additional 20% coupon for the entire purchase. At the Old Navy outlet, I bought Troy 2 shirts, Kristopher 1 and 1 for myself for $15 total. After Old Navy we headed back to Madison. I had an excrusating migraine and slept the way back. That little nap as well as 2 tylenol and a bottle of water did wonders for my migraine. We decided to head over to the west side. We visited the Lands End Inlet where I purchased 2 swimming suits for Rylee for a total of $7.34 with tax. AWESOME! We went to Target where I purchased 2 cans of formula (because Kris said we were low at home), a dress for Rylee for $2.38, and a coat orange and brown plaid coat for Troy. (3T which is too big but by the time you add a sweatshirt underneath it will work just fine and he may get some use out of it next year). We finished up our trip with ice cream at Michael's. I love Michael's. I took my purchases home, showed them off to the rest of my family (9:30 pm and T was still awake) and T tried to put on all his new clothes by saying what sounded like "MINE".

**A little side note: Lane Bryant is a plus sized clothing store! I've never had to shop that department before therefore I thought that it was a furniture store. Boy, my sisters didn't let me live that one down the entire day! I guess I deserved that one!**

On Sunday, bright and early, Kris and I along with Troy and Rylee decided to tackle the GARAGE! Once week got the stuff pulled out set into piles, I think people thought we were having a garage sale. It was a lot of stuff. Mostly junk that we have no idea what to do with. By Sunday night, we had every storage tub gone through, every piece of garbage bagged up, cardboard layed out flat, the floor swept, everything put back in the garage and organized and we even had a car parked in the garage. Imagine that concept of parking a car in the garage. We now we can. It was a very nice feeling. **A few months ago, Carmen and I started a new cleaning schedule. We take one room a month and do a purge clean. October was garage month. It's done ahead of time! AWESOME!**

On Monday, I made 2 pasty pies. One for at home and one for the Firemen pasty dinner. At 9:30 there was a parade. This was Troy first experience of candy throwing. He caught on rather quickly what he was suppose to do. He would run up to it, do a little jump, pick up the candy and run back to give it to DadD. It was funny. Sometimes, he thought that he needed to throw the candy too. There were times when Kris or I had to hold him back when the candy was thrown to the kids next to us. He got a little scared when a firetruck whooped it sirons, loved the motorcycles and was very unsure of the bands. He started of by waving and grew bored with that. We went back home, changed, Kris and Troy ran the pasty up the church, ate our pasty and then all took a nap. Or at least I did. The rest of the day, we should've cleaned our house, but instead we had lounged. We watched our favorite Monday night television show, which was the season finale and won't be back on until January, and actually got to watch it with DadD. With the close of this program we have The Jay Leno show starting the 14th, Biggest Loser starting the 15th, Grey's Anatomy 2 hour premiere on the 24th, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters on the 27th.

Today, Rylee had her second physical therapy session. It went well and Marcy was very impressed with some of the things that she did today and not last week. You never what that girl will do. Next time, she may not want to do some of the things that she did today. Who knows? She will have speech therapy on Friday with Krisann.

Tomorrow, we have to take Rylee to see Dr. O for a hospital follow up visit. We will also be doing the Urodynamic thing. Not looking forward to that but hopefully it gives us some insight on why her kidneys are enlarged. Thursday our 7 and half month old baby girl will have her 6 month well child check up with an ultrasound/xrays of her hips and the dreaded shots.

Tomorrow, I also have a meeting at work. It's to see if we want any Aflac benefits on top of 0ur health insurance. Now, we the heck were these benefits 8 months ago? I could've of definitely used them then. Hopefully, I'll get some insight. I have to either sign on or off of these benefits. We'll see.

I have pictures to post of some funny things that my kids were doing over the weekend. Like, Troy at the parage and Rylee sucking her thumb while napping during our garage project. I'll post them later.

**EXCITING NEWS: Troy went pee pee on the potty. This is his first time actually going. I think it scared him actually. He did kind of pee pee on the floor. But hey, my specialty isn't the aim, it's just getting him to do it!**

No comments:

Post a Comment