Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nervous

This afternoon the 24 hour count down started. UGH! We've spent the entire weekend together as a family. Rylee has been happy go lucky and very smiley. She threw up once on Saturday and once today. Today she started coughing and that brought on the vomiting. We have noticed that she is constantly sweating. She literally has sweat beading off her forehead. I am not entirely sure why that is. It's 9:30 now and she's been sleeping since about 7. She can not have any formula after 6:45 tomorrow morning and absolutely nothing after 8:45 am. She is going to be one cranky girl tomorrow. We have to be at the UW American Family Children's Hospital at 11:15 am to get checked in, iv in, prepped for [gulp] surgery. Surgery is scheduled for 12:50. Friday night and last night I snuggled with Rylee at bedtime. She has been held quite a bit in the last 2 days. She has drank more for us in the last 2 days than she has ever.

I am afraid of tomorrow. I am a ball of nerves already. I am not exactly sure what we are doing with Troy tomorrow and what we're doing tomorrow night. I just want to spend as much time with Rylee as I can.

The neurology resident Andrew, said that they had done an surgery almost identical to Rylee's case earlier that day and it only took 15 to 20 minutes. Hopefully they can get the surgery done shunt free but as long as I have my smylee Rylee at the end of the day, I really don't care what way it is. I hate to see her curl go. I am going to give her a bath in the morning, tie a pretty bow around a lock and cut it off. Even if they only have to shave a little spot, it will look funny regardless.

The more I think about it the more nervous I get. Therefore, I beg that tomorrow you pray the hell out of this surgery. Please pray that she comes out this healthier than she went in.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment