Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Poppy!

Rylee is doing much better today. She was quite dry yesterday so a bag of fluid and she got color back and even a tad bit plumpy. Last night, Troy and I hung out at the hotel. We watched our favorite Monday night tv show and he fell asleep 15 minutes into it. He slept very sprawled out in the big big bed. Therefore, even if we were to trade our Queen for a King, Daddy and I would still be hugging the sides. At first, I thought the bed was COMFY! But once I got up this morning...not so much. I got up bright and early and went to the hospital. At 7, the nurse came in to give Rylee a bath. While bathing, the ultrasound tech and machine arrived. The nurse finished her up quick and then the ultrasound tech took over. It took all 3 of us to keep that girl still and happy.

Dr. O came in at 8:30. He thinks that she was looking much better. She still has a nasally sound when she breathes. He wants to watch her a little more and then she will go home one Omnicef again, which is what she was on 2 weeks ago. He hadn't gotten the report on her kidneys yet but it would be soon. He was also going to call Dr. C this morning once he got all his results back. Kris and I traded after breakfast this morning. He called me a little while ago, to say that the ultrasound didn't show that her kidneys have changed any since she was inutero. Therefore, she will have a procedure in a few weeks. I can't remember what he said the procedure was called and have no idea what it all entails. I find out when I go back to hospital after lunch.

Troy and Kris will probably have lunch together this afternoon. While, I will stay with Rylee at the hospital. I am praying long and hard that she is ready to come home. We would love to have her there. We would love to be there. If not, Kris has class this afternoon at 2 so Troy will go to his babysitter, Tara,'s house and then we will switch places again. I need to get home and clean my house. We were gone for a large portion of Sunday and I didn't get much done. I have to wash all of the bedding, blankets, Rylee's dirty clothes. I want to get as many of those germs in our house OUT!

I have a blurb about visiting... You've heard it a million times before BUT, if you would like to visit with Rylee, you will have to be in excellent health. From today on out, we are setting high standards for those coming to our house. You may not come to our house if you have experienced any of the following:

Had cold or flu symptoms in the past 15 days, even if it just 1 sniffle
Been exposed to the cold or flu in the past 15 days
Have been exposed or had RSV in the last 12 months
Have been exposed or has H1N1 in the last 12 months

As I've said before, we're probably not going to be able to make it to family functions at Thanksgiving/Christmas time.

As of right now, Rylee's party and baptism are still on schedule. It's not cold or flu season right now, and the party is outdoors. Therefore, check your mail for the invitation. I will hopefully have them in the mail tomorrow. I held them off because she was sick a couple of weeks ago and wasn't quite 100% yesterday.

Good day all. Continue to pray that Rylee is well enough to head home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment