Saturday, March 27, 2010

Choo Choo

That is said at least a hundred times a day at our house.  This afternoon, Troy got so excited to watch a GeoTraks movie.  The same one the he has seen a million times.  He's crazy about trains.  We have train books, train games (online), Kris made him a train coloring book, trains galore...trains trains trains.  At daycare, if he is not outside or napping, he is playing with trains.  Tara said he always has a train in hand.  This just came on.  We got hit with a train stick and I think that it is here to stay.  He loves trains.  He's obsessed with trains and frankly, I don't understand why.  I am not a lover of trains however have nothing against trains.  Therefore, I will stick to dolls and barbies with Rylee.

Other news, our neighboring town Cuba City, high school girls went to state.  They won yesterday and played this afternoon.  They won again!  Right now, we can the cracks of what sounds to be fireworks.  Congrats Cuban girls!

Tonight, Kris and I listened to the remake of "We are the World".  I know they remade this song in January but tonight was the first time that I had heard it.  Amazing!  I have always been a fan of Michael Jackson's work, his past with the boys is a little dicey but his work even from a young age is amazing.  We are lovers of music around our house.  I only hope that our children inherit their daddy's amazing musical skills as mine are much to be desired (my mom has told me more than once my singing is like "a cat stuck in a dryer", really she said that...thanks Mom).  Many may find it hard to believe that my super quiet, reserved husband can sing...well he sure can.  He held some lead roles in a couple musicals in high school...really he did!  I have proof, I am sure we have a CD around here somewhere of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.  Anyway, here is the video of "We are the World" for Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment