Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day off

I got to take part of the day off yesterday.  Our babysitter took the day off and since Daddy is on spring break, I got to home to care for our babes at 2:30.  Not very much earlier, but enough to get some things done. The only thing on my list to do was to find a pediatric doctor to look at Rylee.  We need a fresh pair of eyes looking her over to make sure that all of her problems are being covered.  While I was making phone calls, Troy escaped.  He simply got outside.  I had locked the side door knowing that he could easily get out of that door.  But he walked right past me and went outside.  He hadn't had a nap the entire day at it was 3:30 at this point.  School was just getting out.  When I hung up, I went to get him to get shoes and a sweatshirt on to go outside and play.  However, I couldn't find him.  He was gone.  I ran outside, yelling his name...nothing.  I partially ran into the backyard, no Troy.  I ran to the end of the driverway...not up or down the street.  I was worried that he would be hit by a car, since school was just getting out and we live close to the school.  I thought maybe he had ran into the neighbors backyard so I ran out to the backyard while trying to get ahold of Kris and hyperventilating.  Then as Kris's voicemail picked up, I spotted him.  He was sitting waste deep in the sand box...playing.  I said, "Troy" to which he turned around to look at me and said "Hi Momma.  Sand!"  At that point, I didn't know whether to beat him or hug him.  So I just watched him.  After my heart got back in a sinus rythum, I lectured him a little, got Rylee and we played in the sandbox for an hour.  I wish I had a photo of Rylee when I put her in the sand.  She was definitely not sure about that stuff!  My camera is on vacation this week so I am without.  However, I found myself searching for it twice in the last couple of days.  My little brother, Scott, is enjoying his Spring Break in Florida.  I talked to him last night, it was cold, gloomy and windy.  I gloated about our warm, sunny 65°. 

As I mentioned earlier, Troy hadn't napped all day yesterday.  Well, that will be the last time that happens for a while.  That boy was cranky!  He didn't want any of the Chicken Pot Pie that I put together for supper.  He simply pushed his bowl away and said "yuck".  Um, I beg to differ!  I swallowed that rude little comment reminding myself that he had gone all day without a nap and got him down from his seat telling him that whenever he was hungry to come back and enjoy! He stomped off into the livingroom and watched Olivia.  After Olivia finished, he came back to the table, climbed up and ate all by himself.  I cleaned him up, which ticked him off, and he again stomped back into the livingroom.  I cleaned up the table, put dinner away and went to check on him...6:45 pm and he was sawing logs!  He was down until 11:30 pm, got up for an hour and when daddy came home went back to bed.  Never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment