Monday, March 15, 2010

Bumps!

This pregnancy is so different then my pregnancies with Troy and Rylee.  My pregnancies with Troy and Rylee were easy...plain and simple...I wasn't sick or totally warn out all the time.  This time around I am whipped, maybe because this time I have not only a 1 year old but a 2 year old too, and oh so sick.  I have been so sick, I've lost 5 lbs in 2 months instead of gaining 5 lbs.  With Troy and Rylee, I didn't get much of belly until later on...and with Troy it got big!  This time, my belly is as big as it was the day that I had Rylee, not even kidding.  With Troy and Rylee, I felt them both kick at 17 weeks.  This time, 14 weeks and I am getting bump bump bumps.  Just a second ago, I called Kris over to "feel" because I am sure he probably could've felt them but baby moved out of the way of his hand and kicked me elsewhere in there.  This time I have been so miserable, Kris and I have taken to calling this child, I do feel bad about this, "the Devil Spawn".  Isn't that horrible?  Troy was "bebu" and Rylee was "Rylee" (because we knew she was a girl).  This time we are not finding out but whenever I think about this baby, I think of a curly blonde haired, blue eyed little girl with a laugh of the devil.  You know that laugh that I am think of, I know you do.  BUT, I have had 3 dreams with this baby in it and all 3 times it's been a boy.  Weird right?  I have no clue what gender this babe is.  I guess we'll find out at the end of the summer. 

We went to visit my grandma today.  She says, "So I hear that I am going to have 2 new great-grandbabies.  Jen and Craig and I just found out about Erin and Dave.  That's exciting."  So I told her about Kris and I.  My Grandma is a smart lady.  I am sure she noticed this enormous belly I am toting around.  Needless to say, it's raining babies around our family.  Christmas is going to be fun this year!

Other news, I went out on my own to get an actual foot doctor's opinion of Rylee's feet, so I made an appointment with a Podiatrist.  Apparently, that wasn't the right way to handle it.  Should've see an Orthopedic doctor.  Now, no one told me that until after I took her to the podiatrist.  Anyway, our appointment with the Podiatrist was a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!  She says "There is absolutely no way Rylee will be able to walk with feet like this.  Why don't you come back and see me in 6 months and we'll talk about ortho inserts and braces at night."  6 months...are you freaking kidding me.  I am having a baby in 6 months, Rylee's therapy's goals for the next 12 months is for her to be walking by 2.  Why not fix the problem now.  I didn't agree with her opinion at all.  Right now we are at a stand still.  I frustrated beyond belief because (1) I want her to walk or crawl or do something!, (2) these feet have been a concern from day 1 of her life but now 13 months later, no wants to do anything and (3) the vomiting is back and has been back for about a month. 

I love Dr. C.  He has done a lot for us.  Iowa City has been kinda awesome too.  But I have this nagging pit in my stomach that we need to take her elsewhere.  Dr. C, who isn't a pediatric doctor he's a family practice doctor, AND Iowa City missed the Hydrocephalus.  It took a doctor who had seen her once, passed her in the hallway and took a glance late at night at her chart to diagnose her with it.  It was bad.  It was so bad that left untreated for even a week, she wouldn't be here right now.  I am second guessing all the time.  What I want for Rylee is to have a team of doctors that can sit down with me and tell me a plan of action.  I want to hear what kidney disease, heart disease, Chromosome deletion, chronic lung disease, screwed up feet and legs means for her and what we are going to do about.  Right now, our "team" of doctors are in Iowa City, Madison, Platteville and Dubuque.  I hate that.  I felt very comfortable with Dr. C but right now I don't think that we are seeing all the right people.  My gut is telling me that.  But I have no idea how to go about getting the right people.  We need answers before this baby comes.  We need to know what this Chromosome abnormality means and the likelihood of this baby to have it as well.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad you didn't live closer to Rockford. We have a great Orthopedic doctor that specializes in Pediatric Ortho.

    ReplyDelete