Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flying high right now

I noticed Rylee playing with her hands alot last night.  So while dinner was cooking, I sat down with the Flip on the tripod to see if I could get her to wave or clap.  I did this because she's been mocking us quite a bit like if I smack my lips at her or if Daddy is chewing then she will copy.  She did it.  She clapped.  And she was happy about it!  I balled like a baby.  Clapping is a huge cognitive milestone.  It's awesome.  She clapped today when Marcy, PT, was there.  She did very well during PT this morning.  It was one of her best times I think.  I never get to be there during therapy but Thursdays are the day I go into work at 9 instead of 8 so I got to sit through the entire therapy session.  Rylee only lasted about 40 minutes, fussed for about 10 and then Marcy called it quits 10 minutes early today.

Other news,  my car is in the shop.  My Jeep is having a ball-joint replacement today.  I had my oil changed a couple weeks ago and they said I had all these problems.  So I took it to Al who said it needs a new ball-joint, tie rod which is the entire steering column, brake pads, wipers and he was looking into the reason my check engine light is constantly on.  After talking it over with Al, we decided to hold off on the tie rod which would cost about $800 with labor and the brakes aren't terrible so hold off on those til the end of summer.  Wipers are easily replaced.  He did figure out my check engine light.  Apparently there is a flappy thing that lets air through and it was staying shut instead of opening and closing.  He fixed that last week.  Today, a new ball joint costing roughly $400.  UGH!  Al said it was pretty bad and needed to be done.  I have never had to worry about this kind of stuff because well, my dad is a mechanic and owned his own body shop.  Owned being the opportive word.  His body shop as well as Timbers restaurant, have been replaced by a Walgreens.  Sad...he no longer fixes my car.  And this is the first time anything major has gone wrong with one of our vehicles.  Al's is a body shop owned and ran by Al that is similar to my dad's shop and a few people I work with have him service their vehicles too.  Good bye $400...you'll be very missed....Hello new ball joint....I have no idea what you are, do or look like.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so awesome! She seems to be making leaps and bounds more lately. You must be overjoyed.

    Sorry about the car work. That's always a downer.

    ReplyDelete