Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The new at our little ol' home

Not much new at our house.  We purchased my brother in law and sister in law's little chest freezer.  We need a little more room.  This one will take residence in our garage and store our goods like meat.  I am sure that my Dad and Deb will be glad to get that 1/4 beef out of their freezer. 

I follow a blog called Kelly's Korner. A few weeks ago, she mentioned a prayer request for a little girl name  Layla GraceLayla Grace had cancer and in the end of January found new tumors.  The doctors told her parents to take her home and enjoy her for the next couple of weeks.  Early this afternoon, her parents twittered "Layla went to play with angels early this morning. Rest in peace precious Layla. 11/26/2007-3/9/2010."  Please pray for her parents and older sisters (her 9 year old sister has been having a very tough time lately) that they grieve and rejoice Layla's short life.

I also follow a blog called Knock Off Wood.  This woman is simply amazing.  She takes designs from your favorite stores, like Pottery Barn, and makes easy designs from their products for people to reproduce at a fraction of the cost.  Her motto is "How to Build Knock-out Knock-off furniture".  I don't know about you but I sure can't afford Pottery Barn furniture. However, thanks to her blog, I could build it according to her plans.  Now I understand copyrights and trademarks and such, but this woman received a letter from William Sonoma stating pretty much that they are sweating bullets because her blog.  I think it's funny.  Pottery Barn is way over priced, rediculously so, and all this woman, Ana, is doing is making her own plans to create furniture similar to theirs.  Plus she lives in Alaska, can you imagine how much it would cost to have furniture shipped to her, ugh!  It's a neat website.  Take a look, hurry, because she has to take all the trademark photos and names down soon!

No other news at our house.  We just truckin' along pretty good.  Oh, I did make an appointment for Rylee to see a podiatrist.  It was today at 10...but I forgot and Kris forgot so we missed.  I rescheduled for Thursday.  We won't forget this time.  And, my ob doctor's office sent the pre-authorization for my progesterone shot.  WPS told me it takes up to 15 business days to approve it.  Well I need it in 15 days, like 2 weeks and 1 day from now, I will be at my appointment for my first shot.  Boohoo. 2 weeks and 1 day is all I have left before I have to infringe upon weekly shots for 20 weeks...the thought makes me want to hide in a hole for the next 22 weeks.  Tomorrow is wednesday...hump day!  YAY!  Come on weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment