Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Smiling down on us

Today is a rough one for me. Today is my grandpa Dodds' birthday. Today is also the first anniversary of his passing. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss him. He's my angel. I know he's been holding Rylee's hand throughout her struggles. He is a whole in our family. It was so extremely painful to walk into Grandma's house after he passed and everyone had gone home and not have him there. He was a man of few words but when he spoke it was strong and meaningful. My best memory is of him and Troy. I wish to the ends of the earth that I would've gotten a picture of him and Troy together. He loved Troy, always watching him and touching his hand. He clapped with him as he started crawling and trying to walk. I am so grateful for the times I got to spend with him both as a child and as an adult. I miss him terribly. He's smiling down on us! Happy Birthday Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment