Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A new star in the sky

Sunday morning I was informed that a little girl, age 5 passed away the night before in her sleep. Monday morning, through my coworkers, I learned that that little girl's mommy is a nurse where we take our sweet children to get checked out. That little girl's mommy has called me many a time to discuss my little girl on Dr. C's behalf. This little girl's name is Abbey. Her obituary was in the paper today with her photograph. One of the last lines reads..."Proceeded in death by her cousins, Tom and Laura Tennessen." Many may not know who Laura Tennessen is but if you google her name I am sure you have heard the story of her. Laura Tennessen graduated with my sweet husband and was killed in a motorcycle accident. It was sad, she was so young but what happened afterwards was much creepier and appauling! Three boys tried to extract her from her place of resting days after her death. Well I am sure if you haven't heard the story, you can figure out what they were planning on doing to her beautiful lifeless body. Tom is Laura's brother. Her parents are little Abbey's aunt and uncle. This family has had to endure so much in such a small amount of time. I am not sure how Abbey died or what happened her but what I do know is that her sweet mommy had to do CPR on her daughter and hold while she passed away. I don't know her sweet mommy well but she has said some amazing, encouraging things to me as I had a meltdown in the doctor room. Tonight is Abbey's wake and I am not attending because I don't know what to say to her mom, dad or 2 brothers. I don't know what to say to Laura's parents when I see them. I don't know what those two mother's are going through. My daughter (and my son and husband) are my whole life, my whole reason for getting up and through the day, everything I do is for them and I can't imagine one of them not being here tomorrow. I would be devestated. I am devestated for those mothers. I can't shake it for my mind. It, again, makes me question God's motives. I guess it was Abbey's time and Tom's time and Laura's time. It may have been Laura's time but her parents and family and the Cassville community didn't deserve to have to grieve because of those 3 monsters. I just don't understand.

We are 6 days post op for Troy. Troy, my sweet sweet Troy, hasn't been the same boy since. He has turned into a little devil. I kid you not this child is driving me bonkers with his whining and crying. Last night, I kid you not again, he cried from the moment I took him out of the car to the time he fell asleep (which was 7 pm, which is very odd for Troy). He cried about getting out of the car, he cried about his coat being on, he cried about his hat being taken off, he cried that he wanted to take his shoes off, he cried because he didn't want milk, he cried for a cookie, he cried because I took his shirt off for dinner (which was spaghetti and he needed a bath afterwards anyway), he cried because I was going to give him a bath, he cried about the fresh clothes I put on him, he cried that he locked himself in his room, he cried that he wanted a blanket, he cried himself to sleep after he threw himself down on the floor and curled up on the pile of dirty laundry awaiting to be put in the washing machine. That is where he slept for an hour (because I didn't want to hear him cry any longer) until I picked him up, cradled him, rocked him for a while and then placed him in bed. He is a crab that I wish would just get over this. However, I am afraid that the sassiness and crabbiness is going to be sticking around for the next O..20 years....UGH! However, I am glad that I have him and will take a temper tantrum or hour of constant crying over nothing at all.

On another note...there is one thing that I can absolutely NOT about our living location. Thus being my neighbors. The neighbor to the left has a billion cats or should I say he feeds the stray cats that reproduce faster than rabbits! The neighbor directly across the stress is a hoarder and cuts her grass with a scissor hence the nickname, The Crazy Lady. The neighbor diagonally to the left is nosy! The neighbor to our right is a single woman who mows her grass down to the dirt every day and in the winter she snow blows her driveway. Now I completely understand why people need a snow blower, I wish I had one, but the problem is: 1. she blows it directly at our house so it goes thump...thump...thump the length of our house (which a large portion happens to be our bedroom), 2. she, normally, starts at the butt crack of dawn and 3. her darn motion sensored light flashes on and off and on and off (which points directly into our bedroom window). Now I hate to complain! We've voiced our opinion of her snowblowing habits and she continues to do the same shit. (Pardon my french but this woman hit the high one this morning.) We have tolerated her snowblowing habits rather well. However, this morning, she decided that she needed to snowblow her driveway at 4 am! Yup you read that right...4 freakin' am! If it was just me that she woke, I wouldn't be so angry. It was Rylee that she woke up. RYLEE of all people got up for the day at a grooling 4 am! Therefore, I've been up since 4 and a little crabby about it! I called the town hall this afternoon to see what the best route to take in dealing with this would be. They said that we need to call the police next time that she is doing it. Which, I have decided instead of calling the police, we'll talk to her 1 more time about then we'll call the police. There is a town noice ordinance and it is against the law for her to pelt her snow at our house since it crosses property lines. Apparently when the snow falls on your property, you own it. Who knew? So we're going to try to resolve this matter between us neighbors and try try try not to get the police involved. I hope she will understand otherwise it's her pocketbook paying the fine.

Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. OMG that poor family they sure have been through a lot..

    ReplyDelete