Monday, November 30, 2009

Long weekend

This past weekend felt very long. Kris and I spent Thanksgiving with Troy and Rylee. We made a turkey, stuffing, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, pumpkin pie, deviled eggs. All of that for the 4 of us, well only 3 of us ate. All homemade and full of love. It was awesome! I think we may have just made ourselves a tradition. It was nice to spend a major holiday at home, not rushed. We ate when the food was ready which was right at noon. We didn't have anywhere to be at any specific time. It was so nice!

I have a meat phobia. I can't touch raw meat so I was not about to stick my arm in the stomach of a turkey. My wonderful husband did that part. However, instead of us following the directions, Kris just pulled the bag of neck out and stuffed it. After it was all stuffed he said, Opps, we were suppose to turn it breast down and stuff it that way. We found out why when the turkey was all done and we were cutting it apart. We didn't pull the turkey's secret parts out. Good thing that were in a package. That was the only major (which isn't even major) mishap. I consider that pretty good.

I did go over and visit with my dad's family. My dad was in Hawaii with his girlfriend Deb and her mom and step-father, Doris and Bob, for the week so they missed Thanksgiving with us. I also visited my Grandma Dodds and Uncle Tim and Aunt Jean were there.

My dad and Deb called me late Thursday evening with some "news". My dad proposed to Deb just after sunset on a beach in Hawaii. Those of you who know my dad or don't, he is 55 years old, never married so this is a BIG step for him. He always said he was too short to get married. Well apparently he has grown.

My Uncle Tim and Aunt Jean's daughter just had a baby a few weeks ago. On Saturday we stopped in and met her. She is the most cuddly little girl. My kids were never that cuddly. Anne and Matt were on their way to Madison. Matt's doing a residency in Chicago and that is over in June. He got a job offer from St. Mary's in Madison. So they were going to look the city over to see if they would like to live there. He has to make a decision by to today so hopefully they'll move her and we'll get to know Frannie all the better!

Saturday morning my sister Erin called and said they were on their way down to Cuba City and wanted to know if we would like to go to Jumpin' Janes later on. So Erin, Dave and I took Troy, Jalyn, Jared, Lexie and Avery to jump off some energy. After an hour, we were all sweaty, stinky and the adults were worn out completely! Troy had fun! We met, my brother Craig, SIL Jen, niece, Isabelle, brother Scott, sister Carmen, and BIL Joe at Uno's. We had 14 in our group. It was rather large. My sister Erin wanted to know if that counted as our Thanksgiving since we were all together. Kris and Rylee stayed home and snoozed. Scott GF Aubrey showed up just as we were all getting done.

Saturday we also visited my sister Carmen at their house. They are almost ready to move back in. It is absolutely gorgeous. Kris hadn't seen their house since right after the fire so it really looked different to him. I can't wait until they are all moved in and comfy.

Rylee wasn't feeling to well over the weekend. She had a stuffy nose and watery eyes. She had a hard time breathing when she ate. It seemed to be much worse at night.

However, all in all, we had a great holiday. Next one is a big one. Due to the extra precautions that we have to take, we are doing Christmas differently. Kris and I decided that it wouldn't be fair to our family and Troy if we completely skipped out on all the christmases. So when Kris's family (his mom and dad, brother, SIL and nephews) have christmas just he and Troy will go and Rylee and I will stay home. When my family (my dad, deb and family) and (brothers, sisters, families, and mom and Rich) get together, just Troy and I will go. We thought that way we are each with our family while Rylee stays happy and healthy.

Hope ya'll had a great holiday also! We are down to 26 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment