Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa's bells are jingling, can you hear them?

We have 10 day until christmas morning. HOLY COW!! This girl is almost done christmas shopping. I still have to pick up something small and little for daddy from Troy and Rylee. I also have to finish a gift. Other than that, I am done! We did the shopping for Santa this past weekend. There are an equal number of gifts for Troy and Rylee. The dollar amount is a little off, Rylee got hosed by a little but she got bigger gifts (which Troy will probably claim stake too like everything else). Santa wrapped all his presents already and have them stored in a special spot (the garage). We decided last year that we would wrap all of Troy's toys in all green wrapping paper and Rylee's in all red wrapping paper. Therefore, there is no need for gift tags. We also put necessities in their stockings like socks, undies, sippy cups...everyday things that they need. Those are going to be our traditions every year. We are also going to do christmas different this year. Christmas day we will be apart from each other for most of the day. Therefore, Christmas eve we are going to have a traditional Christmas dinner just the 4 of us and maybe drive around and look a lights. Christmas morning we are going to enjoy a cream cheese butter braid and open gifts from santa. Then the rest of the day will be complete mayham!

Tomorrow Troy has surgery to have tubes put in his ears and have his adenoids taken out. Originally we were suppose to arrive at 8:15 am. They called today to tell us that there were cancellations so now we have to be there by 6:30 am. Good grief! That means we have to leave by 5:45 to get there on time. As Troy would say (and Swipper too), "OH MAN!" I stocked the fridge with jello and pudding yesterday. We have popsicles and ice cream too. Pray for Troy tomorrow that he has a speedy recovery and for me that I don't get too tramatized by having to hold while they put him out. I am the most nervous about being there when he is put to "sleep". I wasn't with Rylee when she was put to "sleep" for her shunt surgery. They just took her and did it without us. I wonder if she felt alone or scared. At least Troy will have me to comfort him when he is put to "sleep" and when he wakes up. Kris is going to keep Rylee in the morning and my sister is going to watch her during his final, if we're not home by then. I am going to rent a movie or two tonight so that Troy will sit and watch those tomorrow. I plan on taking care of him but depending on how he is doing, hopefully I will get my christmas cookies baked and decorated. Those can always wait until the weekend though. Tomorrow is a Troy day. Hopefully all goes will and no more ear infections EVER for that poor boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment