Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Normal"

We didn't have any plans this weekend. I love those weekends. Next weekend will be a different story.

On Thursday, I took Rylee to AFCH in Madison to have her 2 week post-op follow up appt. It went well. When I got there, they handed me a clip board with a time survey and a clock on it and asked me to fill it out throughtout our time there. I started it at 11:55, got taken to check-in at 12:12, our exam room at 12:15, doctor came in 12:16, doctor left the room at 12:20, and handed the survey back in at 12:28. That was an hour and half up and a hour and half back home for a 33 minute stop. What a waste of time. Dr. A looked at her incisions, felt her soft spot and measured her head. Her incisions look awesome and her soft spot feel "normal". He actually said "normal". I put quotes around "normal" because Rylee has never been called "normal". Nothing about Rylee is "normal" except for her soft spot. I am alittle apprehensive to say "normal" around her because things could go haywire at anytime! Her head also measured a 1/4 inch smaller! AWESOME! He doesn't think that it'll shrink much more than that. So all in all, our 33 minute appointment, which I by far think is the shortest appointment we have ever had for her even after all the just weight check appointments we've already had, everything is, well, "normal."

On Saturday, I picked up my niece Jalyn and we went shopping. Our shopping trip consisted of a trip to Walmart, Joann Fabrics, Sam's Club and Red Robin. It was nice to just hang out with her. We picked up my nieces, Lexie and Avery's birthday presents for next weekend. It was wonderful to have her there for those because she pretty much picked them out! We stopped at Joann's for tulle for tutus. We loaded our cart at Sam's, which is easy to do when you're getting 2 boxes of diapers! Then headed to Red Robin for a late lunch. We went back to my house and made her tutu! Then I took her back to her mom.

She talked to me alittle about her house. I just can't help but feel so sorry for her and Jared and my sister and Joe. I can't imagine what it is like to have all you're worldly possessions gone! I do however no what it is like to just want to be back to "normal." I just hope they get back home soon. I know that she wants to be there along with the rest of the family. I know what it is like to live in a basement (because me and Kris lived in theirs which was nothing compared to living with your Grandparents) and I wouldn't want to do that now. Just keep them in your thoughts and prayers that they will get to go home soon.

Today, I made Vegetable-Beef soup and baked a squash for baby food. I took some soup into my grandma after lunch and a nap. Now, it is 7:15 pm and I still have dishes and laundry to do and meals to make for the week.

Next weekend, we have only have 1 definite plan as of right now. That being my nieces, Avery and Lexie's birthday party on Sunday. Otherwise, we're just waiting to get the call that Baby Adam has made him appearance (which I thought was going to be today!). I think I smell a Kris and Mary bet coming. Kris and I always make bets about everything and it's always for a soda. I bet him that Troy would a girl and he thought boy...he won. I bet him that Rylee would be a boy and he said girl...he won. I bet him Rylee would come home April 18 and he said May 25...turns out I was right on the nose so I won that one. I asked him when Adam would be born....I say Tuesday, October 13, he says Thursday, October 22. Katrina is going to ring his neck!! So if I am right, we'll be heading to Madison to see baby Adam, Isaac and Noah...and Nick and Katrina too!

Have a good night all! Enjoy this video of Rylee giggling from today (please ignore my kissing sounds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment