Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There was a baby born today

but it wasn't baby Adam...so far. Therefore, I have not won my bet (yet)! But Kris's cousin, Kim, had her little girl today. Miss Ashlyn Ann was born at 7 lb 6 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Congrats Kim, Chris and Zander! We are so excited to meet her!

Now that I introduced her to you, I have a couple of other blogs that I read I'd like to share.

Now, in all seriousness, there is a blog that I started following about a month ago. It is truly heartbreaking. The Sullivans consists of the new dad, Brady, baby Chloe and new mom, Sara. Sara had cancer and a short 10 days after the birth of their daughter Chloe, who was born premature weighing 4 lbs, started seizing. Unfortunately, her brain wasn't able to withstand the trauma and she, with family surrounding her, passed away. Now, there is a new dad with a tiny new baby and no more wife and mom. My heart goes out to Brady and Chloe. I can't imagine the grief he is facing mixed with the joy of his new daughter. Click on the The Sullivans to visit their blog and read more about them. Everytime, I read his new posts, I ache for him. He is certainly strong.

Katie's Keepers is a blog about Katie and her husband and son. Katie gave birth to Reese who was born with no brain activity. Katie is a strong woman. Her blog is full of raw emotion. She is hurting and it's sad.

These are two of the many blogs that I follow. I wanted to share their stories with you so that you'll keep them in your prayers. I know that our family is going to celebrate the newest arrival and anxiously await the arrival of another. But Katie and Brady will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. These blogs remind me that I just don't always understand God. And this is something that I will probably continually struggle with.

Then I read blogs like Nine is Fine. This is a family with 9 children. I can hardly handle 2 let alone 9! AWW! She posted a picture of her hands after taking care of a ton of grapes. This is a funny blog! Not all blogs are sad! Even the sad ones have nice moments.

Who do you read about?

No comments:

Post a Comment