Monday, August 17, 2009

Rylee update!

First, I must clarify the work thing from today. The rule to live by at work is that one person who can open accounts has to be at work. There are 3 of those people, Sue, Brenda and myself. Sue worked on Saturday so she didn't have to come in until noon. Brenda, who has been there 30+ years longer than I have, had to take her mom, who fell and broke her arm very very badly a few weeks ago, to therapy in Dbq 9:30 and didn't think that she would be back until at least noon. Therefore, that only left myself to open accounts so I had to stay. I was upset with the circumstances not the job. As it turns out, I renewed a CD, did many CD inquiries over the phone and open a new CD to a brand new customer. So the morning wasn't a complete loss.

As I was leaving this morning, I hit the lock button to the Jeep. At 1:22 this afternoon, Kris called me to inform me that the locked Jeep contains his keys to the Jeep. I had to bustle it home to unlock the Jeep. I had to run into the house once I got home as Kris and the kids were outside waiting for me. While Kris and I were unlocking the house, T tried to open my car door and got his fingers pinched in the door handle. We went running to him as he let out a bellar. He has a habit that extends from my side of the family...ahem, Scott...of holding his breath when he is upset or hurt. His lips turned blue. It is absolutely the scariest thing EVER! I kissed his owies and fixed him up like new. We ended up only being 5 minutes late to our 2 pm appointment.

Speaking of holding breath. We got a pulseox on Rylee which is always a fight in itself and most of time the nurse ends in defeat. Her pulse was 122 and her oxygen sat. was steady at 88%. Candy, who is literally going to have a baby any moment, listened to Rylee. She said "She sounds like a musical instrument all by herself." She is weezy and full of junk. Candy decided the best option was to speak to Dr. C. It is very interesting to me that I couldn't get an appt with him but he came into the exam room to see for himself. He examed and listened to her. He then proceeded to sit in one of the open chairs, literally put his arms behind his head and crossed his leg and told Candy what the plan of action was. AWESOME!!!! Have I ever told you that I absolutely, undoubtedly love love love Dr. C. He's such an amazing doctor.



The plan is to start with the nebulizer (he wrote a prescription to purchase instead of rent because we will undoubtedly need it again) treatments and start Rylee on 7 days of antibiotics and 5 days of steriods. We have to be seen again tomorrow at 3 pm for them to listen to her again. The goal is to keep her out of the hospital and off the oxygen. Candy wanted to put her on oxygen and maybe do a chest x-ray. We have to see what tomorrow holds. If she sounds better and her oxygen sat. is up than we will continue with the medicine as planned. If she is unchanged than a chest x-ray (which was not done today because Ry Ry has had a lot of x-rays in her short life and Dr. C didn't want to do it if she didn't need it) will be ordered and Iowa City called. The worst case scenario is we end up at UIHC PICU (University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) with IVs, oxygen and apnea monitor.

I gave Rylee her medicine this afternoon when we got home but reflex got the best of her and she threw them up within 5 minutes. Therefore, I really don't think that those will have done anything for her.

My outlook is that I can live with the oxygen and apnea monitor, I can not live without my baby. My fear, as well as Dr. C and Candy, is that any longer than 24 hours and Rylee's little body will just poop out and she'll be too tired to breathe on her own. As I write this Rylee is sleeping in pack n play at the foot of my bed. I am listening to her labored breathing and wheezing. We did a nebulizer treatment about an hour ago and she still sounds terrible (she didn't fight me because she was sleeping so I know that she "got" more than this afternoon at the doctor's office). This is scary (pardon my french) shit now. I've seen her little body "poop" out before (which was after 2 days of no oxygen back when she was in the hospital) and I defintely don't want to see my poor baby go through that again.

Please keep Rylee in your thoughts as you go through the day tomorrow. Thank you. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment