Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New stuff!! New stuff!!

Rylee started at her new babysitter yesterday! It went really well. Troy has been going to Tara's since January (the first week I was in the hospital actually). He absolutely loves going there! Now she has our little Ry Ry. Tara said Ry Ry stared at her for a very long time than started talkin' and smilin'. I think she had fun. Both kids clonked out on the ride home.


Ry Ry normally is ready to go down for the night between 7 and 8, closer to 7. But T is another story. This boy is a night owl, defintely not a morning person. I have a really hard time getting this kid to go to bed. He used to be in bed about 8-8:30. Now it's like 10:30-11:00 every night. I am at my wits end! So last night at 9:30ish, I called DadD and put him on speakerphone. T was mighty surprised to have his dad on the phone telling him that it was time to go to bed, to give mommy a kiss and sending kisses via speaker. He made this face that looked just like Kris when he was little, from what I remember in the pictures I've seen. T had those big puppy brown eyes. He gave me a kiss, his dad a lot of kisses on the phone and blew him even more, then waved bye bye to him. We tucked him together via speaker. I thought for sure this would work but it didn't. It took another good hour before I got him to settle down enough to actually go to sleep. At about 10, he started crying "Ylee...Ylee...Ylee". I took him in to their room to show him that RyRy was peacefully sleeping. However, she was scooting around in her crib which made T start roaring in laughter which woke her up which made her start to cry which ended up with me taking T and Ry Ry back to bed with me. (CONFESSION: I am a co-sleeper with my kids. I absolutely love it and actually sleep better when I have both of them close to me. When T sleeps with us he sleeps through the night.) I got everyone settled down and started watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 (which has turned into a pathetic show) that I had DVR'd. By the end of the show, T and Ry Ry were both sawin' logs next to me all snuggled up with each other. It was rather cute. T moved before I could get the camera and take a decent photo.

So our new 'thing' will be having DadD calling every night at his lunch break (8:30-9:00) and we'll tuck T in together via speaker phone. It may start to work better if we keep consistantly doing it. Who knows, right? It also gives me a chance to talk to my husband because I really only get to talk to him on the weekends.

Kristopher is also doing something new! He will be taking some online courses this semester. We took one hell of a financial hit this year so paying for 2 kids in daycare full time is out of the question right now. He will have only one class that he actually goes to campus for but other than that it's all at home. He doesn't want to stop with school, which I don't blame him, but we need him home to watch our kids. That will be something new. Thankfully these online courses are right up my alley and ones that I've already taken so I can help him with them. He's finalizing everything on that.

As for things upcoming for our family...
On Thursday, August 13th we have Tammy our Birth to 3 program coordinator coming back to our house along with the speech therapist, occupational therapist and physical therapist. I am extremely excited about this and can't wait to hear what they are going to be doing with Rylee in the near future.

On Tuesday August 25 and Thursday August 27, Kris and I are finally going to have our eyes checked. I am so so so excited to finally have contacts back. I loved my contacts and hate my glasses. Oh it will feel so good to have those.

September 1st is DadD's 24th birthday! He already received his present. He picked it out actually. He got a new TV. Now we just have to upgrade our dish package to HD so it looks better. It's a very nice TV. He's happy! He even hooked our computer tower up to it so now we can flip between the tv to the computer. He played Urban Terror on there which was awesome because he could sit in the recliner and play. SWEET!

On September 13, Rylee is going to be baptized. This is now set in stone since we now have confirmed Godparents. Thankfully I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers that Kris and I are close to so it made choosing Godparents to our 2 very very very easy. So Aunt Erin and Uncle Craig are Rylee's Godparents. We love them and they love her (and us too) so it works out well. I guess that's another reason we're not having anymore children, we ran out of Godparents. Ok, that's not really the reason but it could be.

After the baptism, we're having a huge, enormous party and invited all of loved ones to attend. It's going to be AWESOME! There is no plan B if it rains so it just can't rain. Our luck it will and we'll have to cancel.

The 3rd weekend in September is Kris's mom's side-of-the-family family reunion. We haven't seen many of them in a very long time so I am sure we'll have a nice visit.

This got to be rather long and I didn't even add a picture. I will have to post a picture soon. Take care and have a wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment