Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love Sundays!

This weekend has sure been wet! I love the weekends but most of all, I love Sundays. Kris and I have dedicated Sundays to doing whatever we want. If that means that we want to sit around in PJs the entire day, then we do. Or if we want to get dressed, go churchin' and then hang out with our babies the rest of the day, then we do!

As you read from my last post, my sister's house has burnt down. Since my last post, I have gotten to hang out with my sister and her husband more. I got the new scoop as of yesterday. A whole lotta Joe's family came Friday and Saturday to start demo on the house. Let me just tell you that these guys are freakin' animals! By 2 pm yesterday, everything was done that could possibly be done! (They're waiting on a cleaning company to come test spots on the walls to see if they're cleanable.) The kitchen, bathroom, most of the master bedroom and outside walls of the basement are down to the studs. It's amazing how fast and efficient these guys worked.

I got to spend some one on one time with my sister. It was nice to actually talk to her. Ironically, it was the fireman's dance last night. Carmen and Joe decided it was essential that they be there considering they just put out the fire a few days ago. So we went shopping. We had to get everything down to the basics. I think we got everything, I hope. You don't realize everything that you use on a daily basis like a blowdryer or belt until you don't have one. She told me that she just wants to go home and sleep in her own bed. Though her bed is at the junk yard, I know exactly how strong that feeling really is. Thankfully for them, they've had an outpour of family and friends and a great community that have come together and expressed their love towards them as a family.


I stole this picture from my sister but this a side look through their house. This would be where the garage once stood.

I wish I could do more for them. There will be a benefit for them this upcoming Friday at Weber's. There will be meat of some kind, obviously, with the proceeds going to the family. I can't express to you how much I love these people. Carmen's not only my sister but my best friend. Not everyone has that and I am especially happy that I do.

We have a Baptism planned. Ry Ry will be baptized the second Sunday in September. We will be having a HUGE party afterwards to celebrate her and give thanks to everyone for all their help over the last 7 months. Everyone who's anyone will be there so mark your calendars.

Today, Kris and I took the kids to church. Then we decided to get some lunch at Olive Garden. Like usual, we filled up on salad and breadsticks and ended up boxing the majority of our meals to take home. Then we headed to the mall to look around. While we were there, the tornado whistles started bellarin' and Younker's and Sears closed the gate to their stores. This was lovely since we were parked at the entrances of those stores. So being locked in the mall, we walked around Borders and got Troy a few books. We also went to Payless and got some shoes, 2 pairs for Troy and 1 for Rylee (size 1 so maybe next summer they'll fit!). Do you see the pattern here? After the down pour quit, we headed to the car. Our next stop was WalMart! On the way there, I ripped out coupons from today's paper which ended up saving us $11. While we were in WalMart it started pouring again. We finally made it home! Our groceries are all put away. Our children, well really just Troy, are being obnoxious.

I am going to go try to save my blinds on my window before Troy distroys them any further. Remember if your in the mood for a brat, stops by Weber's on Friday from 11 to 2ish. It's for a wonderful family. Please continue to pray for them in their time of need!!

No comments:

Post a Comment