Monday, September 6, 2010

Visitors

Oh my goodness, you guys are amazing.  I did a little begging for visitors and bam you came running!  The last few days have gone amazingly well for Rylee.  Other than having to keep her from standing in her crib, she's been a good girl.  My sister in law Katrina, aunt Lisa and sister, Carmen, came Friday night and played, put her bed and watched her sleep so that Weston, Troy and I could go to my dad's rehearsal supper.  Primarily we went home because Weston was extremely fussy during the night, which woke Rylee each time and left me pacing the room the entire night.  Needless to say, I was exhausted.  I was almost to the point of no return on my lack of sleep.  I was whiny and grumpy and my poor husband was well rested, which made me bitter.  So we deviced a plan that if family was willing to help take care of Rylee in our absence that we would take them up on the offer.  I decided that it was important to go to my dad's wedding rehearsal (smart choice) since I had family coming to visit.  Rylee was left alone all night but the nurses took great care of her and she slept through the night.

Saturday, Kristopher and I decided that it would work out best if he took Weston to the hospital and I took Troy to the wedding (since we were both in it).  Again, smart decision!  My sister, Erin, and her family and my sister-in-law Katrina and her son, Adam, each came to visit on Saturday.  She lit up and had a great time with them. Kristopher and Weston left after Rylee had went to sleep for the night and came home to go to the reception.  It worked out well.

Yesterday morning we left rather early, later than I would've liked, to head to Madison to be with Rylee for the day.  My friends Dana and Aaron came to visit around 11, my brother Craig, his wife and their daughter, Lily, came at 1, my sister Erin and her family followed; my Aunt Debbie and her husband came too, then my in-laws also and my Uncle Tim, Aunt Jean and cousin Anne.  We had constant visitors from 1 until 6 but Rylee loved every single second of it.  Needless to say, she crashed at the early hour of 7 pm.  It was a great day for her.  She absolutely loves visitors.  It's a change of pace for her. Last night, Troy, Weston and I went home.  We got some relatively good sleep.  That was surprising since Weston slept all day.  He was awake until midnight but at least it wasn't all night.

This morning, we got up and made a quick stop at WalMart.  Troy Thomas has grown and we found out how much when this chilly weather came.  We don't have jeans or many long sleeve tops that fit him.  So we made a quick stop at WalMart to pick up a few essentials like a few pairs of pants, tops, undies and socks.  We didn't have an actual potty chair.  He's preferred to use a potty seat on the big potty.  I was reading online that naked time or undies time was good and to have a potty chair in the room with him.  So I set the potty chairs out on the floor at WalMart and let him pick out his favorite one.  He choice a Cars potty chair that has a shifter that makes noise and all.  Then I let him pick out a pack of undies, which he choice Sesame Street.  Then we headed up to Madison.  Kristopher's brother and his family were going to the Madison Children's Museum so Kris and Troy headed over to play with them (or from what Kris said, lack there of).  While they were gone, Kris's parents came to visit as well as my sister and niece. My dad and his new wife came later as well as my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jeff.  Rylee liked my Uncle Jeff a lot.  They played and played.  Tonight after Rylee fell asleep, Kris, the boys and I went to grab a bite to eat.  Kristopher dropped me off at the hospital and headed for home.  Upon arriving to Rylee's room, her night nurse told me that surgery is scheduled for 11:30 tomorrow.  However, the neurosurgery resident said 7:30 earlier today when I signed the forms.  I am not sure when the surgery is.  Oh well.  I am flying solo on this one I am afraid, either when they take her away or when they come get me for recovery (and I'll have Weston).  Right now, I am super tired.  I am going to hit the hay for a couple of hours and wake Rylee to eat before midnight.  Please pray that all goes well tomorrow for everyone.  Please pray that Kristopher gets some sleep, he's flying solo with Weston (and troy) tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment