Sunday, September 12, 2010

Do you remember?

**Note:  I know this is late!  I've been trying to write this since yesterday, Sept. 11.  Sorry life is a tad busy!**

Do you remember where you were when you heard about the attacks on our great nation?  I was in English Lit class.  There was a knock on the door and our teacher, Mr. Devlin, stepped out to see what was up.  He walked back in with a look on his face like he'd been socked in the gut.  He turned on the television and let us watch as the second tower fell.  I watched all day from my rural Wisconsin high school (and when I say rural, I mean rural!  The baseball field butted up next to a corn field and there were like 4 or 5 little tiny towns combined into 1 little school district.  It's rural in those parts!  But I loved it.) with shock and horror.  One minute I was talking about my new boyfriend, gossiping with my friends, adjusting to life as a junior!, to terrorist attacks, death and wondering what all of this meant.  Here we are 9 years later.  Too many lives have been lost and Ground Zero is still a 7 story deep hole in the ground.

I don't understand why this world is so full of hate.  I don't understand why so many countries "hate" the United States.  I personally love it here.   I see so many people who have the same scoul day after day.  Literally, I can think of a few people who come into the bank regularly with nothing but a scoul.  There is a woman who comes in everyday, people have tried to "kill her with kindness", and she's still an old stick in the mud.  I don't understand how life could be so bad that everyday you have to be rude and unkind to others.  Don't these people know you should never be unkind to your banker, duh?!  Anyway, we're no closer to peace than 9 years ago, or maybe we are but it sure doesn't feel like it.  I am praying hard for those family of lost loved ones and those in the armed forces risking their lives for me and my family.  God Bless all of them (or maybe you). 

Want a little update on us...
well not much is new.  I have been busy getting the last few things done on our checklist before I have to go back to work.  Technically, I was suppose to go back tomorrow morning but I am staying home for another week.  Right now, no one in our family is ready for me to go back to work.  No one, except part of me.  I am excited to return to work.  I have a purpose at work, it's fulftilling work.  I like to think that I am irreplaceable (but that's not true!).  Kris hasn't been alone with all 3 kids yet, and I don't want to throw him to the wolves when he does have to be.  After being away from home for nearly 6 weeks, my house needs me to be home.  There are common weekly/daily chores that simply didn't get done and now we're paying for that.  Weston is on no schedule at all.  He eats all the time and sleeps when he wants (which is sleeping through the day and awake at night, and we haven't been home or had enough time to help change this).  Rylee has not 7 but 8 healing incision on her body (6 on her head, which is crazy, and 2 on her abdomin).  She needs to heal a lot more before she can go to daycare.  Troy is the one that needs me home the most.  He's had a rough go of it the last couple of weeks.  I am not sure how to help him or break him of this behavior.  I know he is just acting out but that is no way to try to get our attention.  I am having a hard time with him.  I also wanted to have him potty trained before I went back to work from my maternity leave but that's not happening unless the potty training fairy comes and sprinkles some potty dust over him.  And I am not ready yet.  I haven't bonded with Weston near enough, don't trust anyone to care for Rylee but me, haven't gotten to just sit,haven't watch my son's imagination run wild and spent much time time with my husband. 

I am finally getting around to filing claims with Aflac.  Pray for a big return!  It should be a nice amount, whcih we are happy about!  Have a good night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment